Default Can Civil Demand Payment Be Used As Leverage for Criminal Case

My question involves criminal law for the state of: PA

I was charged with a summary offense for retail theft, and am hoping to get the charges either 1) dismissed or 2)later expunged after completing an ARD -- trying to avoid conviction as much as possible.

I have a criminal attorney who had suggested that I complete a retail theft course prior to my trial (which I have). Now I have recieved a civil demand claim for $200. My question is, if I pay the $200 can we use it as leverage to have the charges dropped (in addition to character vouchers and certificate of retail theft school)? Or will it negatively effect me (like enter me into the retail theft database, or has that already happened?)

I am hoping to go into the healthcare field. My main concern is to have the criminal charges dropped but will paying the civil demand put me on another list that would further hinder me?

Thanks

Default Re: Can Civil Demand Payment Be Used As Leverage for Criminal Case

You are already in the NRTD if you are an adult.

Paying the civil demand, in addition to the class you took, may sway the court to a more favorable outcome. We cannot say for sure.

Default Re: Can Civil Demand Payment Be Used As Leverage for Criminal Case

Quote Quoting regretshappen
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: PA

I was charged with a summary offense for retail theft, and am hoping to get the charges either 1) dismissed or 2)later expunged after completing an ARD -- trying to avoid conviction as much as possible.

I have a criminal attorney who had suggested that I complete a retail theft course prior to my trial (which I have). Now I have recieved a civil demand claim for $200. My question is, if I pay the $200 can we use it as leverage to have the charges dropped (in addition to character vouchers and certificate of retail theft school)? Or will it negatively effect me (like enter me into the retail theft database, or has that already happened?)

I am hoping to go into the healthcare field. My main concern is to have the criminal charges dropped but will paying the civil demand put me on another list that would further hinder me?

Thanks
    I think that you should ask your attorney that question rather than asking an internet forum.

1. Sponsored Links