Question Reduction in Salary After Becoming a Full-Time Worker with the Postal Service

Hello
    Iam converted to full time mail carrier by the post office in May2017.i was hired as an RCA in May 7 2011.As a sub i was getting paid by the old payment chart.once i got converted to full time mail carrier post office started paying me according to the new payment chart which is 6k less than the old payment chart. I called my HR asking why? they said you follow new pay chart when u convert to full time. cause those who are hired before November 2010 gets old pay chart which is 6k more than what im getting now. and those who are hired after august 2012 gets paid according to new chart which is 6k less than those who hired same position and same job descriptions but get paid 6k more according to old chart..and since iam hired in between those two categories , as a sub i get paid according old chart but when i convert to full time i get paid according to new chart of payment.so i feel it is a unfair treatment of postal services to those who were hired between November2010 and August 2012 . cause we lose money when we get hired unlike those who are hired after 2012 who will gain money when they convert to full time. Iam asking if any one is going through the same situation now and getting to be paid same way iam. i waited seven years in the post office to be a full timer and get paid according to the old contract(old pay chart) cause that is how i was hired on.i feel it is unfair to change contract and payments after two years of being hired without even being told,. is there any legal advise whether i have a right to claim or not? . i don't know what to do? or how to start? i contacted HR and there was no help.
    i would be really thankful of someone can give me a legal advise.

Default Re: Reduction in Salary After Becoming a Full-Time Worker with the Postal Service

If an employer -- any employer -- pays one wage to part-time workers, and another wage to full-time workers, then when you switch from one capacity to the other you can get paid at the pay level defined for your position.

Odds are this is a pay structure that is part of a collective bargaining agreement (union contract). If you are in the American Postal Workers Union, talk to your union rep.

1. Sponsored Links