11. Residency requirement. A license may not be issued to a person unless the person presents acceptable documentary evidence of the person's residence or domicile in this State.
The Secretary of State may exempt from the requirements of this subsection a person who has established to the satisfaction of the Secretary of State that the person is on active duty in the United States Armed Forces, the spouse or child of a person on active duty in the United States Armed Forces or a student enrolled in a university, college or school within the State.
A. Acceptable documentary evidence of a person's residence or domicile in this State must include the applicant's name and the address of the person's residence or domicile in this State
. A post office box or other mail drop address is not sufficient. Acceptable documentary evidence includes, but is not limited to:
(1) A tax return, W-2 form or paycheck stub;
(2) A utility bill or a letter from a utility company showing application for service;
(3) A contract to which the applicant is a party; or
(4) A document issued by a governmental entity.
[2007, c. 659, §1 (NEW).]