Default Social Security Disability Benefits Cut Upon Receipt of Retirement Benefits

i am 64, turning 66 in 08/2018: how much will my ssdi benefits be cut ? i currently get 1,726/mo, before medicare deduction; thanks; trying to wait until i'm 66 to move to regular social security; thanks

Default Re: Social Security Disability Benefits Cut Upon Receipt of Retirement Benefits

You'll need to confirm this with the SSA office or website:

When you reach normal retirement age your benefits automatically switch to SS retirement and the amount stays the same.

Default Re: Social Security Disability Benefits Cut Upon Receipt of Retirement Benefits

adjusterjack: thanks; i'm asking , based on trumps new budget (ssdi will be cut deeply), do i have to worry about ssdi cut if i stay on ssdi until i turn 66 in 08/18 ? thanks

Don't believe what you hear in the news. Nobody with existing benefits will see any cuts.

No one knows what will happen in the future. In a way I believe no one that is currently receiving monthly benefits will have them cut. But, I also know how politicians lie amd misrepresent. My biggest concerns are with Medicare.

Those on SSI and Medicaid have far more to fear than those receiving SSDI and SS Retirement. I know the money does not come from the same source.

1. Sponsored Links