Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can Parents Make Their Minor Child Remove Piercings

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Texas

Ok first of all I am an 11 year old girl who absolutely loves piercings and tattoos, but my parents won't allow me to have them. My older cousin is on my side in this, so she took me to the tattoo and piercing parlour and signed for me to get them done. I came home to my parents with 2 lip rings, a septum ring, an eyebrow ring and a nostril ring. They took one look at me and began screaming and flipping out and they made me remove every single one. Is this legal? I don't think it is because its my body and they did not pay or sign for the piercings. They have no right to tell me to take them out in this case. If someone could give me a reference to a law I can show them then that would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Default Re: Can My Parents Make Me Remove Piercings

I've got news for you, kiddo. The only law that was broken here, was broken by the tattoo and piercing parlor, who performed work on a minor without the permission of her parents. And maybe by you, in the event that you lied about your age.

Yes, it is 100% legal for your parents to force you to remove them, and to prohibit you from wearing any piercings or tattoos until you are 18 years old.

Here's a law you can show them. It supports your parents, not you.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...htm/HS.146.htm

Default Re: Can Parents Make Their Minor Child Remove Piercings

Sorry, you're too young to use this site.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Default Re: Can My Parents Make Me Remove Piercings

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    I've got news for you, kiddo. The only law that was broken here, was broken by the tattoo and piercing parlor, who performed work on a minor without the permission of her parents. And maybe by you, in the event that you lied about your age.

Yes, it is 100% legal for your parents to force you to remove them, and to prohibit you from wearing any piercings or tattoos until you are 18 years old.

Here's a law you can show them. It supports your parents, not you.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.u...htm/HS.146.htm
    I'm going to disagree insofar as to who is liable to be in deep...It's the older cousin. If the older cousin signed as your guardian they are liable and possibly subject to prosecution and the piercing/tattoo shop could be as well depending on details that we don't have and aren't pertinent.

As a parent I would also file a complaint with the health department (they license the piercers and tattoo artists as well as the facility) as it's highly unusual for someone to go in and request so many piercings at once. I would consider this suspicious as the proprietor.

You, however, have no leg to stand on. You parent can see to it that the piercings are removed and you have no say in it whatsoever.

Quote Quoting piercedandtattoed
    View Post

Ok first of all I am an 11 year old girl who absolutely loves piercings and tattoos, but my parents won't allow me to have them. My older cousin is on my side in this, so she took me to the tattoo and piercing parlour and signed for me to get them done. I came home to my parents with 2 lip rings, a septum ring, an eyebrow ring and a nostril ring. They took one look at me and began screaming and flipping out and they made me remove every single one. Is this legal? I don't think it is because its my body and they did not pay or sign for the piercings. They have no right to tell me to take them out in this case. If someone could give me a reference to a law I can show them then that would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    There is no way that the person who wrote this is 11.

View Post

Yes they can make you remove piercings. Until you are an adult you do what they tell you to do unless you are being abused or neglected.

Lol it's your body...no. They have every right to tell you what to do they are your parents. Your cousin should never have been allowed to sign for you. Your parent, managing conservator or legal guardian had to accompany you and sign for that. I very highly doubt your cousin is any of those things. If I was your parents, I'd be making sure you didn't hang out with that cousin anymore.

Why are you here if you're 11? Your parents have a long road ahead of them with you.

View Post

They have every right to tell you to take them out. Until you are 18 you are under their care, and they can decide. That is why tattoo and piercing parlors require adult consent. Legally, they not only have that right, but the person who pierced you could get into a lot of legal trouble if your parents press charges. So could your cousin if she misrepresented herself as your parent.

It is common for minors to assume they have control over their bodies because the internet is full of fake information. You have rights medically after the age of 15, but that is it. And don't confuse medical with body alterations. They aren't the same thing. As long as your parents are paying to feed you, house you, etc, etc, and are well... Your Parents... they get to make the rules.

If all they did was make you take out the piercings, consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky. My parents would have beaten my butt, and grounded me within an inch of my life. Then again, I would have never even considered getting those piercings. I loved and respected them too much to do something so far outside of their wishes.

Oh my goodness. Heck yeah, they can make you take them out. The parlour AND your cousin acted illegally.

Your parents also need to make sure you do not go anywhere alone with this cousin until you are 18.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    There is no way that the person who wrote this is 11.
    Oh, I don't know.

Reads exactly like something an 11 year old would rant about in those words.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast