Default Moving In With Friends In Another State

Ok so im 16 and live in florida. And am having some big problems with my mom and have been having them for a few years. I have some friends that live in nebrska that im tryin to stay with. Now what would I have to do to make it where I can go stay with them insted of staying with my mom?

Default Re: Need some help

In Florida, the ONLY way to be emancipated is if your mom will file the petition.

If she will not, and if she will not agree to let you stay with your friends, then the simple answer is, you live with your mom until you are 18.

what about getting child services involved? Someone told me that as a last resort i could do that because she has hit me with a broom stick/yells at me for no reasion what so ever....ect....ect

panther10758 Guest

If your being abused the yes your first action should be to file an abuse report with CPS. their national hot line is 1-800 4 A CHILD

Default Re: Moving In With Friends In Another State

hello tracker, i myself am 16 and i just moved to florida a few months ago with my boyfriend who is 24, i am not emancipated, but my mother and i dont get along so i moved out, she payed for my bud ticket down to florida, but all i can tell you is that in order to get emancipated you must prove to the judge that you have a steady well paying job, and that you can financially support yourself. hope things work out.

Default Re: Moving In With Friends In Another State

Quote Quoting just_need_help
    View Post
    hello tracker, i myself am 16 and i just moved to florida a few months ago with my boyfriend who is 24, i am not emancipated, but my mother and i dont get along so i moved out, she payed for my bud ticket down to florida, but all i can tell you is that in order to get emancipated you must prove to the judge that you have a steady well paying job, and that you can financially support yourself. hope things work out.
    Ummm, do you realize that the age of consent in FL is 18 unless the child is at least 16 and the adult is UNDER the age of 24? Do you, your boyfriend, or your mother realize it is illegal to take a minor across state lines for purposes of a sexual or immoral nature?

FL is very tough on this crime.

As stated before, the ONLY way to be able to even file for legal emancipation in FL is for the minor's parents to file the petition for them. Just moving out does not make a minor emancipated.

1. Sponsored Links