Question Security clearance for cook job

Michigan

I applied for a cooking job at a CRTC Food Service (on base). I have had two phone interviews, been told my app and resume look great, and have every confidence I will get the job. My in-person interview is next week, and I was just told that everyone who enters the base must have a "security clearance".
    In 2003 I was arrested and charged with two felonies, but both felony charges were dropped the next day when the arresting officer further investigated and discovered my estranged husband had lied. Both the officer and the Pros. Attys Office "went to bat" for me, I was allowed to pay a small fine on a "careless driving" plea, and it was over with. I have the paperwork on all of this. I also have a statement from the Prosecuting Attys Office confirming that I was never issued a ticket, and have no tickets on my driving record.

Do I need to be concerned over this "Security Clearance" check? Will the arrests keep me from being hired, even though they were dropped?
    Thank you, Nan

Default Re: Security clearance for cook job?

Most probably not, but only the employer can say for certain.

Default Re: Security clearance for cook job

It's hard to say because the word "Felony" frightens a lot of potential employers. However, if the charges were dropped the following today they may only show on your record as arrests, not actual charges. You would probably feel better about this if you looked this up for yourself. I would recommend contacting the county the incident occurred in and confirming this information. Although, since you are already "in the process" - they may already know what your results are.

1. Sponsored Links