Default Concerned About Conviction Showing Up On A Background Check

I was caught shop lifting 4 years ago in OHIO-Butler county. So far I have never done it and otherthan this shoplifitng incident I have no other bad record. Not even a traffic ticket. When this incident happend, I was taken to the police station, fingerprinted and they let me go. The items were valued less than $50. The charge was written as " petty theft". I went to court on the assigned date, pled guilty. There was only a fine and the judge said if I stayed away from that store and never do a such thing, the case will be dismissed.

When this incident happend I did not have a SS number ( I was a legal resident alien dependent). But I had a drivers license number and the police officer got it.

Recently I graduated fron college with flying colors and honours. Now I'm looking for jobs. One company had done a background check and nothing appreared on my record.

I am worried if it can appear when done by another company. Now I have SS number.

Are background checks done by name and SS number? Also what can I do to get this record off, if it exists. Do they just take them off after a while or what should I do.

Thanks in advance. PLease advice me.

Default Re: Concerned About Conviction Showing Up On A Background Check

You have an arrest record and a court record from the charge. It is possible that they will be detected, or come to be associated with your Social Security number. I can't tell you what might happen in the future. It sounds like you received a delayed judgment, and if the case was dismissed with no conviction entered there's no conviction to be reported through a background check even if the original charge is ultimately detected.

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it very much.

One of the background checks done did not bring in any record at all. My question is, since I did not have a SS number at that time, and since I have one now, will a background check show any thing?

I'm guessing it all depends on how the backgroundcheck is done? Am I right?

Thanks again for your help.

panther10758 Guest

Quote Quoting ruse
    View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it very much.

One of the background checks done did not bring in any record at all. My question is, since I did not have a SS number at that time, and since I have one now, will a background check show any thing?

I'm guessing it all depends on how the backgroundcheck is done? Am I right?

Thanks again for your help.
    Yes you are correct suffice it to say a back ground check can show your conviction

Criminal searches are usually done by name and date of birth. If additional identifiers are needed, then a social security number and drivers license number are used. If your case is dismissed, then it will not be reported to your potential employers (per Ohio state guidelines).

1. Sponsored Links