Default How Long Does it Take for the Court of Appeals to Release a Decision After Argument

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Washington

An non-oral argument hearing occurred earlier this week. The status of the case record is "Heard and Awaiting Decision".

I have scoured websites trying to find out how long a decision normally takes, but have not been able to find the information.

Does anyone know how it takes for the court of appeals to publish a decision?

Default Re: How Long Does it Take for the Court of Appeals to Release a Decision After Argume

Quote Quoting oldsmom
    View Post
    Does anyone know how it takes for the court of appeals to publish a decision?
    There is significant variation in Michigan and I would presume the same applies to Washington. As an example, Michigan COA# 330192 was decided within nine days of the hearing/session, whereas in 330189 the gap is a bit longer than four months (see items 38 and 46). As you can see, the docket numbers are really close to each other. The latter was consolidated with other appeals, which might explain the delay, though. Another example is 330193, the delay being one month.

I'm aware that you stated non-oral argument, but the Michigan COA schedules a session regardless of whether oral argument was preserved or waived.

P.S: This link might give you an idea of how long it takes in Washington. Just change the number in the filename parameter (see the URL).

Default Re: How Long Does it Take for the Court of Appeals to Release a Decision After Argume

Thank you. That is quite helpful.

1. Sponsored Links