Bully may Guest

Default Can a 15 Year Old (Me) Date a 12 Year Old (Her)

Me and my gf are 3 years apart she is 12 and I'm 15 bdays both about 2 weeks apart. Is it wrong that I'm dating her I don't want to have sex and she lives in California and I live in Nevada. And I want to know how to tell our parents bc they don't know. It is online relationship and I really like her and when I turn 18 and she is 15 is it illegal to date and again I don't want to have sex. And is kissing allowed like say if we meet saying that we're only 3 hours apart . When I turn 18 and we're still dating is it illegal now bc I'm 18 and she is 15 and I Dont want TO HAVE SEX

Default Re: Can a 15 Year Old (Me) Date a 12 Year Old (Her)

Quote Quoting Bully may
    View Post
    Me and my gf are 3 years apart she is 12 and I'm 15 bdays both about 2 weeks apart. Is it wrong that I'm dating her I don't want to have sex and she lives in California and I live in Nevada. And I want to know how to tell our parents bc they don't know. It is online relationship and I really like her and when I turn 18 and she is 15 is it illegal to date and again I don't want to have sex. And is kissing allowed like say if we meet saying that we're only 3 hours apart . When I turn 18 and we're still dating is it illegal now bc I'm 18 and she is 15 and I Dont want TO HAVE SEX
    You haven't even met but you're dating?

Age of Consent California: 18

Age of Consent Nevada: 16

Neither of you are of legal age to consent to sex (doesn't matter if you say you aren't going to it will happen eventually). Especially if you are still "dating" in three years.

California - The age of consent in California is 18. It is illegal for anyone to engage in sexual intercourse with a minor (someone under the age of 18), unless they are that person's spouse. California employs a tiered system where the greater the difference in age, the greater the penalty. If the person engaging in sex with a minor is less than 3 years older or younger than the minor, then they are guilty of a misdemeanor. If they are more than 3 years older than the minor then they are guilty of a felony. Those over the age of 21 engaging in sex with those under 16 are subjected to more harsh penalties.

https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/nevada

Why are you "dating" a 12 year old? That's like 6th grade and you're probably in like 8th or 9th grade right? Yeah three years isn't a big deal when she's 18 and you're 21 but it's a big deal now. There aren't girls your age to talk to? And how do you even know who you are talking to? This could be someone trying to scam you too.

Oh your parents and her parents are probably gonna freak out. HER parents for sure. When my daughter is 12 if she tells me she's talking to a 15 year old boy online I'm shutting off her access to Internet.

Your best bet is to stop talking to this girl - asap.

qwaspolk69, How can you date someone online ? I thought dating meant going out to a movie, to eat, etc ? In other words going out in public ?

I won't even get into what I would do if this was one of my daughters. Fortunately, they are all grown.

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    qwaspolk69, How can you date someone online ? I thought dating meant going out to a movie, to eat, etc ? In other words going out in public ?

I won't even get into what I would do if this was one of my daughters. Fortunately, they are all grown.
    You do realize that's how people date now right? Online dating sites. I have heard so many stories about people who "dated" online for months and then break up but they never actually met.

Teenagers especially do this online dating thing. And he said they're online dating so I bet he has not even met this girl - so it could be a 50 year old guy he's talking to. Never know.

Quote Quoting qwaspolk69
    View Post
    You do realize that's how people date now right? Online dating sites. I have heard so many stories about people who "dated" online for months and then break up but they never actually met.

Teenagers especially do this online dating thing. And he said they're online dating so I bet he has not even met this girl - so it could be a 50 year old guy he's talking to. Never know.
    qwaspolk69, what I meant was you can't really get to know someone until you are face to face and go out. In addition, as you pointed out, the OP has no way of knowing who this person really is or their age. Even if they Skype, the girl could look 12 and be 25.
    The OP doesn't have the opportunity to meet the "parents". How does he know what the "girl" tells him is true ? How does the OP's parents feel about him "dating" a 12 yr old online ? Why is he more interested in someone that is not in his world than he is girls he goes to school with ? I know these questions are not relevant to the questions the OP asked But, I think they are things that would cross the minds of most mature adults.

I know times have changed. But, I also know how dangerous online dating sites can be. Are there legal dating sites for children as young as these two ? How many 15 yr old boys have zero interest in sex ?

View Post
    qwaspolk69, what I meant was you can't really get to know someone until you are face to face and go out. In addition, as you pointed out, the OP has no way of knowing who this person really is or their age. Even if they Skype, the girl could look 12 and be 25.
    The OP doesn't have the opportunity to meet the "parents". How does he know what the "girl" tells him is true ? How does the OP's parents feel about him "dating" a 12 yr old online ? Why is he more interested in someone that is not in his world than he is girls he goes to school with ? I know these questions are not relevant to the questions the OP asked But, I think they are things that would cross the minds of most mature adults.

I know times have changed. But, I also know how dangerous online dating sites can be. Are there legal dating sites for children as young as these two ? How many 15 yr old boys have zero interest in sex ?
    Mercy, times really have changed. Dating at its core is simply time people spend getting to know each other better where there is an interest by each party. While it was traditionally done face to face, technology have allowed it to happen remotely a lot easier. They don't even have to do it through "dating sites", but can meet each other through an online game, forums, or social media where they may have a common hobby/interest or common friends that allow them to meet online. From there, they can spend time to get to know each other better, talking or texting about their hopes and dreams and planning a future family together. Are there risks? Of course there are but the risks replace ones that exist in offline (face to face) dating. While online you can have catfishing, offline you can have actual sexual assault take place, aka date rape. Love and dating is never without risks no matter the medium used.

View Post

That's not really true. I never have done online dating but when I was deployed there was a civilian analyst at another base that I kept talking to after I went home and I got to know him pretty well and we were actually pretty good friends. There were a couple times I could have met him stateside but things came up last minute. But it was never romantic at all but I considered him a friend. Just haven't talked to him in a long time.

But people date online. No there are not dating sites for teenagers or children. Most dating sites, I believe, you are supposed to be 18 but people can lie about their ages just like kids lie about their age to get a FB account when they aren't yet 13. As stated, sometimes people meet in forums, online gaming chat rooms, etc. It's not just online dating. Who knows how these two started to talk to each other.

There might be some 15 year old boys not interested in sex or are more afraid to because they haven't yet. Not all 15 year old boys are horn dogs who can't control themselves. Maybe he grew up in a super conservative household.

I bet the parents don't even know. I would bet that neither of their parents know OR they lied about the ages.

I can't begin to answer the other questions as I'm not a mind reader and do not know this kid. I have no idea why a 15 year old would ever go after a 12 year old to date.

1. Sponsored Links