Unhappy Speeding Ticket With An Active Arrest Warrant

Okay, so I got a speeding ticket today in a school zone , by a motorcycle cop. didnt have insurance on me so he gave me a court date to appear in court but that was it.

Now here's the thing... I didn't pay this speeding ticket in a different city in the same state, the city is literally like 3 miles away. I had a bench warrant to appear in court because I didn't pay it, then they sent it to collections.

Now... is it just that the cop on the motorcycle didn't check my record to see if I had any outstanding warrants..or is this warrant gone?

Default Re: Speeding Ticket With An Active Arrest Warrant

One or the other - but I can't tell you which. Sometimes officers feel that they have better things to do than to run somebody in over a traffic court warrant, even if they know about it. I would bet that either the officer didn't check, or he didn't want to deal with calling in a squad car and waiting for them to arrive to take you into custody.

OKay guys, now I need some really good advice here.

Let's say I still have the warrant active like aaron suggests, should I take care of it before I go to court. I mean I still don't have insurance. But at least that would be all good, but I also don't have much money I mean I'm living pay check to pay check.

So by taking care of that warrant I would effectively break myself and have to get a loan from a friend or such, and then my lease is up in the oncoming month (you see where I'm going here...I'm broke, and god sakes, I've got to move soon, and still afford to pay my car).

Or...do I just not show up for this court date, and have two warrants availalbe, then pray to god I can make it through without getting caught by the police until I save up enough money to bite both of these things in the butt.

I'll call tomorrow to see if the warrant is infact still active..it probably is..and ill check here to see for your input.

Q: Let's say I still have the warrant active like aaron suggests, should I take care of it before I go to court.

A: Yes.

1. Sponsored Links