Default What to Do if a Buyer Doesn't Remove a Mobile Home After Purchase

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Tennessee
    I purchased an adjoining property which had a mobile home on it. The home is in poor gutted condition. I advertised it on the local craigslist and found a buyer. He paid me in cash and I gave him the titles with an agreement he would move the home in 30 days. He hasn't moved the home in 2 years now and it just sits abandoned on my property. Any suggestions on where to proceed from here? All I want is this home removed as it's an attractive nuisance.

Default Re: What to Do if a Buyer Doesn't Remove a Mobile Home After Purchase

Those procedures are not available to private individuals, and it is unlikely that the OP wants to incur the expense of having the manufactured home towed from the lot to a storage facility even if there is a small chance that the towing and storage fees might be recovered from the owner. Further, this appears to be a manufactured home, not a motor vehicle.

The proper remedy appears to be an action for ejectment under Tennessee Code, Sec. 29-15-101, et seq., which can be reviewed here.

Thanks for the replies!
    Yes this is a manufactured or mobile home. I really want this thing gone one way or the other. I don't hold much hope of the purchaser giving me anything, just don't want to do anything illegal. I will study the links you've given.

1. Sponsored Links