Default How Long Does it Take For Your FBI Record to Update After a Dismissal

My question involves criminal law for the state of: FL
    I had a violation of probation case in FL (had been open for 11yrs). Today (April 18th) the case was dismissed on a technicality.
    I need to complete a successful FBI background check for an employment opportunity, which last time reported me as a fugitive.
    If they do the background check again (say in one week), should it appear cleared? How long does it take to work through the systems?
    Of course, I have the paperwork from the court showing case dismissed, but I hope the employer just completes the check successfully themselves without a lot of other discussion on the matter.
    Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
    David

Default Re: How Long Does it Take For Your FBI Record to Update After a Dismissal

Nobody is going to be able to give you a time line -- in terms of the warrant's being withdrawn, an update could happen quickly, or there could be an issue with the submission or processing of an updated record that causes indefinite delay. If you want to know what is currently in your FBI file, you need to obtain a copy and check.

Default Re: How Long Does it Take For Your FBI Record to Update After a Dismissal

Of course, the record of your arrest will still be there regardless of the outcome of the court case.

1. Sponsored Links