Quote Quoting free9man
View Post
Taxing has explained how perjury works above.
Catmad had asked me of what I was asking above.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
View Post
I’m not quite sure what you are asking here. Perjury is a crime committed when knowingly making a material false statement of fact in sworn testimony given in a trial, hearing, deposition or other proceeding, or in certain documents (primarily government related documents) executed under penalties of perjury. If the landlord commits perjury in testimony in the eviction hearing and that can be proven the prosecutor could prosecute that. But the reality is that prosecution for perjury in this kind of situation is pretty rare, especially since proving beyond a reasonable doubt the person actually knew the statement was false rather than simply having made a mistake is often very difficult for the prosecutor to do.

Rather, the usual way to deal with this is to prove the false statement in your eviction hearing. If the court is not satisfied that the landlord has proven the reason given for eviction then the court will simply rule against the landlord and not grant the eviction. Again, this only matters if the landlord did not give the 60 day notice and is instead relying on some breach of the lease to get you out.
Another best answer said. 100!

Another question, when the tenant appeals the Magistrate court eviction, within seven days, to superior court and loses that appeal, can he/she have the eviction stopped by appealing to the court of appeals within seven days?

Another question, when the tenant appeals the Magistrate court eviction, within seven days, to superior court and loses that appeal, can he/she have the eviction stopped by appealing to the court of appeals within seven days?