Default Resigned Due To Sexual Harassment and Threats

I worked for Lowes corporation for 2 years. I had to resign my position this year due to work force threat, work force violence, sexual harrasement, and many other reasons. I went to the Human rescources and the Store manager over the issues. There was an investigation in to the issues and the District HR came to the reselotion that I and the person that I was being harassed by would meet weekly along with the store manager. This never occured. I once again reported the harrasement. Before I quit the number to reach the Human Rescource at corporate level had been removed. There are several other managers that can testify that incidents occurred. I requested before I turned in my notice that I wanted to have copies of all items in my file. I was told that I could not have the information. I was told by the store manager on several occasions before I resigned that if he was me he would wash his hands of it and walk away. When I asked him what he ment he stated that before I was terminated if it was him he would look for another job. The harrasment took place over a years time. It is a long and complicated story. Is there any rights that I have. I have proof of 2 displinary transactions that occured that were done to put me on last notice. I have proof that they did not pertain to me. I also have documented when the harrasement occurred and whom I talked to. I live in Indiana. I quite because I could not handle the stress of the issues, it was causing medical problems. I wanted a career with this company. I left the company in a professional way. I am aware that indiana is a no fault state. I did file for unemployement although I imagine it will be denied. What is my next step. I can not afford a high priced attorney, I am a single mother of 3 children and this was to be my career.

Default Re: Please Help

If you were being sexually harassed; if you reported it to the company and the company did nothing to stop it and the harassment continued (note; this is not the same as, the harassment stopped but the company did not take the action I wanted them to take); you can contact the EEOC and file a complaint as long as it has not been 180 days since the last instance of harassment.

Default Re: Resigned Due To Sexual Harassment and Threats

After I have filed where does it proceed from there? Should I continue to find an attorney for this case. It is more indepth then I could explain. I have filed for unemployment from this company and gave them all of the information of events that had happened. How do I find a lawyer that is able to take this case? What are normal fees for this type of case and are they normally paid up front? Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated

It's up to you when you find an attorney, but you cannot take any legal action until after you've received a right to sue letter from the EEOC. That is not going to happen overnight - be thinking 6 months to a year at the soonest.

As for finding a lawyer, you pick up the phone and start dialing. There is no possible way I could tell you, on the basis of the information I have, what the fees might be like or when you would pay them. That's something you ask the attorney when you discuss it with him/her; if the answer is not satisfactory, you call the next attorney on your list.

Plaintiff-side employment lawyers typically work on a contigent fee (percentage) basis if the believe a case is meritorious.

EEOC's procedures for processing charges of discrimination can be found on its website, www.eeoc.gov.

I suggest contacting the local bar association, explain your situation, and ask for a listing of attorneys who specialize in the area of employment law covered by your allegations.

1. Sponsored Links