Default Can You Be Arrested on a Ticket That is More Than Twenty Years Old

Apparently, 21 yrs ago, I receiveda ticket for failure to transfer tags, last night I was involved in an accident, and got arrested for ftp, failure to pay, which we are sure we did, but they issued a warrant just this January, of 2017 for this? Is this legal? They all just looked kinda dumb founded when they got me to the jail, handcuffed and then let me sign out with a new court date!!

Default Re: 21 Year Old Ticket

Is what legal exactly? Issuing a warrant? Of course it is!

Default Re: Can You Be Arrested on a Ticket That is More Than Twenty Years Old

An arrest warrant doesn't go away merely because it takes the police a long time to find you -- but Due Process issues may have arisen given the length of the delay, if the police have not made a reasonable effort to enforce the warrant over the past twenty-plus years.

Default Re: Can You Be Arrested on a Ticket That is More Than Twenty Years Old

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    An arrest warrant doesn't go away merely because it takes the police a long time to find you -- but Due Process issues may have arisen given the length of the delay, if the police have not made a reasonable effort to enforce the warrant over the past twenty-plus years.
    The warrant was only issued in January of 2017. That is more than a bit weird. I agree that a due process argument is likely in order.

1. Sponsored Links