Default Employee Disciplined for Refusing to Name Problem Workers

Thanks in advance for any advice you can lend.

My mother, whom is a shift supervisor for this company, was made aware of some issues concerning a certain employee by other employee's. When she informed her supervisor, her supervisor asked for names of who was making the claims. My mother didn't want to provide the names, so her boss accused her of maybe not likeing this person. Saying things like, "well maybe you just don't like her?", etc... Then she asked my mom to go ahead and fire this person and my mom talked her out of it, because that was not the intent, just to make known what was going on. Anyways, apparently my mom's boss told someone, or told the person themselves, what my mom said. Now this person has filed a grievance against my mom. I'm not sure what filing a grievance is all about or how it works, but I'm looking for some help, maybe some advice I can give me mother. She was pretty upset and crying over it. She actually kept the person from losing their job, and none of the other co-workers are backing her up now. The ones who brought the issues to her attention in the first place are saying now, "oh I didn't say anything". If you knew my mother you'd know how heartbreaking that is. She doesn't deserve this, she's worked very hard, and been very honest to get where she has. Any advice would be very much greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Default Re: A Grievance Filed Against My Mother

Find out exactly what this grievance is and then post back here with details and facts.

Will do, I'll see what else I can find out. Thanks,

Ok, I spoke with her some more, but she doesn't know what type of grievance, nor can she find out she say's, but it was filed against her there at work. I'm assuming basically from this person to her boss it sounds.

1. Sponsored Links