Default Husband using fraud to obtain more money

I moved to Ohio to get away from my husband in a small town in Illinois where his family can make what they want happen and left my now 17 year old son behind. I dearly love my son and have no problem supporting him within reason, but my ex is irritating beyond belief. According to our child support agreement I pay so much a month plus insurance for his car and my ex is suppose to pay for the car. I believe my husband is committing fraud along with the insurance agent by making me pay most of his portion of the insurance too. I have to pay $2600 a year for my son's insurance. I find this excessive. He had two previous cars which didn't work out and I paid for the insurance on them also $600, $700 with no refunds. I asked the deductible be increased to $500, he insists it stay at $100 even though his deductible is $500. I believe my ex makes my son make his car payment although the agreement states that he will pay for it. My ex also does not put his $50/month in the college fund. I have always made my payments and lived up to our agreement. Do I need to respond to request from my husband's attorney regarding my financial information? All this has blown up since I refused to pay for repairs to my son's car, I responded with I pay insurance turn it into insurance. They don't want to. My husband allowed my son to acquire a motorcycle which I object to, and stated the agreement says I will pay for car insurance and refused to pay motorcycle insurance. So once again my husband is coming after me for more money, how can I protect myself? I am not made of my money. My son and husband drive new cars while I drive a car with over 200,000 miles. Please help!

Default Re: husband using fraud to obtain more money

Q: Do I need to respond to request from my husband's attorney regarding my financial information?

A: Yes.

Q: So once again my husband is coming after me for more money, how can I protect myself?

A: Hire a lawyer.

If the request is for 2006 tax filing and I get an extension, do I respond after October 15th?

You need to respond now.

But check everything out with your lawyer first.

Do I need to acquire a lawyer from Illinois? How can I deal with this and not miss work?

Default Re: Husband using fraud to obtain more money

Will the amount I have to pay in car insurance be taken into account as child support?

Whether or not there is automatic discovery on a post-judgment support proceeding, either before or after a petition to modify support has been filed, can be different in each state. An Illinois lawyer can advise you.

If you have been ordered to attend a court hearing in Illinois and don't want to miss work, contact an Illinois lawyer about your options. Sometimes, depending upon court policies and the nature of the hearing, it is possible for the lawyer to appear in court without the client, or accommodation can be made for the client to provide sworn statements or even to "appear by telephone" in lieu of making a live appearance. I emphasize "sometimes" because these are exceptions to the general rule that you must appear in court, and there is no guarantee that other options will be available to you if the type of proceeding requires your personal appearance. Also, some courts and judges are more accommodating than others.

Well I have read why he wants the financial information, to prove a significant change because the court order is less then three years old. So before he does anything with the court I need to provide his attorney with my financial information? All that has happen so far is I got a letter from his attorney requesting financial information. I need to respond within what time frame or does he need to go to court first?

In terms of that demand:
    Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Whether or not there is automatic discovery on a post-judgment support proceeding, either before or after a petition to modify support has been filed, can be different in each state. An Illinois lawyer can advise you.

Poster, you have heard it from two lawyers:

You need to hire a lawyer.

There is very little else we can tell you about your case.

1. Sponsored Links