Exclamation Fired For Unrelated Reasons After Work Injury

ill. i worked on tuesday march 13. on the 12th some moron scrubbed the freezer floor and shut the door and didnt tell anyone. at 10a.m (forgive me there is a point to all the details) i went into freezer and slipped on the black sheet of ice that i didnt know about, felt my back scream in pain. went to office to start process of first report of injury. at noon my boss came in and unrelated to fall, fired me. she told me if i resigned it would look better for me and they would not contest unemployment. so i said okay because the company is good for what they say. but after going to the doctor for the fall he is recommending i go to a ortho doctor. when i went online to apply for unemployment in the section that asked reason for leaving i was stumped i have to be honest or risk denial. my firing was for misconduct which denies me. but they said (i called firing boss) put down i quit which i believe denies me. when talking with her ( the ex-boss) she said they had been in this situation before that it worked out. so should i wait to see if i get work comp payments(? if ido ?) file for unemployment ???? will either hurt the other and what do you think of the resign , fired mess? sorry i know this is long i would appreciate any help thank you b

Default Re: Fired For Unrelated Reasons After Work Injury

I'm not sure what your boss meant. If you resign voluntarily or are fired for cause, you wouldn't ordinarily qualify for unemployment.

If you are unable to return to work due to your injury, and have employment available, you may be able to get worker's comp benefits.

i was fired for cause but they said i could resign and they would not contest unemployment. my file says resigned to avoid termination ??????/

Ask your (ex-)boss how she thinks you would qualify for unemployment under those circumstances.

What state do you live in?

Exclamation need more advice

Hello guys you have given me great advice and i thank you. hopefully you can help again. i wrote before that i was injured than fired, went to the doctor and he told me i cant work and is sending to a ortapedic surgeon (Low back injury) Since i was fired two hours after injury, do i still have rights to compensation, should i get a lawyer????? As always guys thank you so much barb i live in illinois

Default Re: need more advice

By the way i wasnt fired for injury

Default Re: need more advice

You should be eligible for worker's compensation benefits, if that's what you're asking.

1. Sponsored Links