Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Thoughts on Loss of All Federal Funding for Legal Aid

America First A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again-
    https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BUDGET...-BLUEPRINT.pdf

Default Re: Thoughts on Loss of All Federal Funding for Legal Aid

Will certainly hurt the people who voted for this.

Quote Quoting geek
    View Post
    Will certainly hurt the people who voted for this.
    geek, I agree. Meals On Wheels is another program that they want to eliminate federal funding for. There was a lady on the news last week that receives Meals On Wheels. She said she voted for him. She said "he said he would protect us."

There is no way states and communities can make up for all the loses in federal funds for these programs.

The budget cuts a lot of other things, too. Money for libraries. Money for job training including Americorps. After school programs that feed kids.

I hope that sense prevails as the budget makes its way through Congress. But just knowing where this administration stands in regards to the poorest and the sickest is just, well, sickening.

Most, if not all of these programs will be funded in the budget that is pass by congress and signed by the president.

You just don't understand the art of the deal. These are all bargaining chips in a much bigger picture.

Let's wait and see what passes.

Human beings are not bargaining chips.

I may not have read the Art of the Deal, but I have read Atlas Shrugged, and that f-you, I got mine philosophy is what's driving this Congress.

If he wants their continued support he'll sign whatever they put in front of him.

That was a very ignorant post. Emotional yes, but with knowledge on how deals and budgets on capital hill are struck, no. You have no clue. You are living in a bubble if you think that Atlas Shrugged has any bearing on reality.

People are not the bargaining chips, the programs are. If you don't know the difference, you should keep quiet.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    Most, if not all of these programs will be funded in the budget that is pass by congress and signed by the president.

You just don't understand the art of the deal. These are all bargaining chips in a much bigger picture.

Let's wait and see what passes.
    I had a family member that held a political office when I was growing up. I received an education in how political deals are made by things I over heard and witnessed first hand. If you have followed what this administration has already done, it is clear what they will do in the future.

I wonder if this administration will also eliminate the DOJ’s Office of Community Oriented Policing Services?

I haven't seen much that this administration has done that is out of the ordinary. There is a lot of hype and news (false or otherwise) but as for official action, not much yet that is out of the ordinary for an incoming president.

I take a wait and see attitude.

Ditto. The hype is greater, but then, the polarization is greater than the past. I recall the Obama administration engaging in some pretty drastic changes, but they did it covertly - and, under cover of a friendly Congress and a sleepy or compliant media. Perhaps subtlety is not the current administration's strong suit.

I'll wait and see what ACTUALLY happens. For now, it's all a lot of rhetoric and hypotheses. I'm far more worried about my STATE's budget plans than I am about the feds as the state's budget has a far more direct impact on my freedoms and bottom line than the feds!
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast