Default Non-Biological Fathers in Florida - Relief from Child Support

In July 2006, Florida enacted a new law to allow non-biological fathers to challenge court ordered child support payments. There are numerous criteria to meet, but this is a new law which can serve to assist men who are not the fathers of children and who have been essentially defrauded into thinking that they are the fathers to have relief from child support. Per a recent Miami Herald article on this issue, 30% of men paying child support are NOT the biological fathers of the child.

This is a new area of law I am educating myself in and getting into and would like the opportunity to assist a person who can't afford a lawyer in getting relief from child support payments. I am offering my services pro bono (free) for now until I get my forms and practice in proper order for this new area. The client is responsible for any costs, but my services are free for now.

Your first step is getting a DNA test. Once you have a DNA test from a reputable and accredited laboratory please call me and I can assist you. DNA tests usually will run about $99.00 -$150.00. Make sure that the lab you use certifies that its results are admissible in a court of law and ask whether they are accredited and if their tests have ever been used in court before. If you are not able to get a DNA sample from the child due to a lack of cooperation from the mother/guardian then there are provisions in the new law to compel the child's mother guardian to allow DNA testing and to provide a sample.

Please feel free to contact me at 305-992-1032. This is only for the Miami, Florida area.

Default Re: Non-Biological Fathers in Florida - Relief from Child Support

God, I wish they would do something like that in CT.

This is our story. We can't afford a lawyer.

Do you have any collegues in the Orlando area that might be able to help? I am in that exact situation.

I know I wish there was the same in Ky. My husband called one place it was like 500 plus dollars. PTClabs.com(?) He has 4 kids with his ex but he has his doubts about 2 of them. He was active duty for awhile and she was alone alot. He pays his cs every month and would still be to father to those children if he did find out that they weren't his. Ok but I do have a question. If he does have test done and they come back that they aren't his children can that be used in the courts, since his name is on the birth cert. Again he would still be daddy but would have his cs lowered (if possible) He works to hard to be paying for children that aren't his.

You should start your own thread with your questions, as that will make it much more likely that somebody will reply to your inquiry.

Aaron, for our sake please don't have her start her own thread....she has like 5 of them already...about. the. same. thing. in varying degrees.

What she needs is a face to face attorney that will tell her what she wants to hear because she's not getting it here.

1. Sponsored Links