Default Can You Get a Protective Order to Stop Online Stalking by Your Ex-

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: California

Hello, I have recently discovered that this ex has been stalking me online for quite sometime. He had mailed me of all of the photos he could find of us online and my social media profiles or anyone he thinks could be me.

Today I found out that he has tagged himself in some of my professional family photos and wedding photos on facebook posted by the photographer. They are on his profile as ifthey are his. In some of the photos he is calling my daughter his darling and speaking about her affectionately but he has made no contact with her for 10 years despite the fact that I had facilitated visitations per court order and he failed to comply. It just rubs me the wrong way. Why wouldn't you attempt to see her but write things for people to see publicly as if to paint yourself as being an involved father and share another families wedding photos?

He has apparently blocked me on Facebook otherwise I would have seen these posts before, but I found out the tagging of my wedding and family portraits through another account. I have since deleted all social media accounts but the photos are still there because I did not publish them.

I get mail from him every week. It varies from photos to lists of witnesses he says he is going to use against me to "confirm" that I kidnapped our daughter. i havent met these people and it's not true. He sends mail about phone conversations he has had with people about my daughter too. None of this is useful to me and I want it to stop.

I requested that the people posting photos of me remove them because of what is going on. It is up to them to remove them I guess.

My question is, I feel like I am being stalked but is there anything that I can do to get this to stop? Since he is trying to get sole custody of my child, ie we are in court, is there anything I can do about the mail he is sending me? He says it is relevant to the case but it isn't. I don't want more confirmation that he is watching me online all the time or what he does throughout the week. Frankly he is stranger to both of us and he seems like a huge creep.

Default Re: Ex Stalking Me and My Child Online

Quote Quoting aboundinggrace
    View Post

Hello, I have recently discovered that this ex has been stalking me online for quite sometime. He had mailed me of all of the photos he could find of us online and my social media profiles or anyone he thinks could be me.
    Do you mean he printed and mailed via USPS these images? or, did he EMAIL you links to the images or postings?

How often has he made these mails or emails, and how recently?

What has he said when he sent these to you?

Today I found out that he has tagged himself in some of my professional family photos and wedding photos on facebook posted by the photographer. They are on his profile as ifthey are his. In some of the photos he is calling my daughter his darling and speaking about her affectionately but he has made no contact with her for 10 years despite the fact that I had facilitated visitations per court order and he failed to comply. It just rubs me the wrong way. Why wouldn't you attempt to see her but write things for people to see publicly as if to paint yourself as being an involved father and share another families wedding photos?
    Have you blocked him from your FB?

There's not much you can do about him tagging himself in photos belonging to others, that would be their issue to address.

He has apparently blocked me on Facebook otherwise I would have seen these posts before, but I found out the tagging of my wedding and family portraits through another account. I have since deleted all social media accounts but the photos are still there because I did not publish them.
    Annoying, but not in and of itself unlawful in any way that I can see.

I get mail from him every week. It varies from photos to lists of witnesses he says he is going to use against me to "confirm" that I kidnapped our daughter. i havent met these people and it's not true. He sends mail about phone conversations he has had with people about my daughter too. None of this is useful to me and I want it to stop.
    Is he also in California? If so, you may be able to apply for a restraining order that could prohibit any and all contact with you. However, if he is out of state, then that might be very difficult - both to obtain and to enforce even if you did obtain it.

I requested that the people posting photos of me remove them because of what is going on. It is up to them to remove them I guess.
    Yep.

My question is, I feel like I am being stalked but is there anything that I can do to get this to stop?
    You can speak to an attorney or to any self-help organization at the local court who might be able to help you petition for a restraining order. There is a SLIM chance that this might qualify as the crime of stalking - or come close to it - so you might want to speak with the police about that possibility.

Since he is trying to get sole custody of my child, ie we are in court, is there anything I can do about the mail he is sending me? He says it is relevant to the case but it isn't. I don't want more confirmation that he is watching me online all the time or what he does throughout the week. Frankly he is stranger to both of us and he seems like a huge creep.
    See above.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

View Post

My question is, I feel like I am being stalked but is there anything that I can do to get this to stop? Since he is trying to get sole custody of my child, ie we are in court, is there anything I can do about the mail he is sending me? He says it is relevant to the case but it isn't. I don't want more confirmation that he is watching me online all the time or what he does throughout the week. Frankly he is stranger to both of us and he seems like a huge creep.
    Mail or email? If you get actual mail from the post office just tell them return to sender anything with his name on it. If he doesn't put an address tell them you don't want to get mail that has no return address.

If he's emailing you, block his email. Change your email.

There's not much you can do about public photos that are on the Internet such as the professional photos. If those are accessible to anyone he's not doing anything wrong by viewing them. It's odd he's tagging himself in them. There's also nothing illegal about him calling his daughter his "darling" or speaking of her affectionately. There are a lot of crappy parents who pretend online to be parent of the year. Nothing illegal about it.

All you can really do is block him on all your social media and emails but you can't do much about other profiles or professional photography. Most professional photographers don't post all of a client's photos online. They might post a few for a portfolio. You can ask the photographer if he/she could take them down or just have one because of your ex.

Yes, he printed and mailed them to me through USPS. He said I kidnapped her in the package.

And Yes, we are both in CA.

View Post
    Yes, he printed and mailed them to me through USPS. He said I kidnapped her in the package.

And Yes, we are both in CA.
    Did he threaten you in the package? Or online? Or did he just send you some photos and say you kidnapped your daughter? If he hasn't threatened you and he's just sending you photos and tagging himself online, I don't see anything criminal going on. He's got issues yes.

You just have to block him on everything and tell the post office return to sender for his mail or anything anonymous if they will do that. You can try to file for a protection order but I don't think you'll get too far based on what you have posted here.

Default Re: Can You Get a Protective Order to Stop Online Stalking by Your Ex-

View Post
    Since he is trying to get sole custody of my child, ie we are in court, is there anything I can do about the mail he is sending me? He says it is relevant to the case but it isn't.
    You're involved in custody litigation. Show the documents to your custody lawyer, and discuss what steps you might take in the current litigation in response to the mailing of the documents.

Thank you

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You're involved in custody litigation. Show the documents to your custody lawyer, and discuss what steps you might take in the current litigation in response to the mailing of the documents.
    Thank you

Quote Quoting qwaspolk69
    View Post
    Mail or email? If you get actual mail from the post office just tell them return to sender anything with his name on it. If he doesn't put an address tell them you don't want to get mail that has no return address.

If he's emailing you, block his email. Change your email.

There's not much you can do about public photos that are on the Internet such as the professional photos. If those are accessible to anyone he's not doing anything wrong by viewing them. It's odd he's tagging himself in them. There's also nothing illegal about him calling his daughter his "darling" or speaking of her affectionately. There are a lot of crappy parents who pretend online to be parent of the year. Nothing illegal about it.

All you can really do is block him on all your social media and emails but you can't do much about other profiles or professional photography. Most professional photographers don't post all of a client's photos online. They might post a few for a portfolio. You can ask the photographer if he/she could take them down or just have one because of your ex.
    i tried to post this earlier and it didnt go thru:
    He sent them through the post office.

I don't think it's illegal for him to call her darling. I think his behavior is odd and creepy. Tagging yourself in someones wedding photos and somehow getting access to photos that were private and then mailing them is also creepy.

I have blocked him. He has been blocked for many years. I dealt with a lot of anxiety because he would call and text me dozens of times a day saying he wanted to see his daughter and that I was breaking the law and on drugs. He is very strange. He would things like, "i implore you to let me see her now!". But when I drove her to see him, he would not show up. Sometimes we drove for 2 hours and he would not show or change his mind after we got there. Before that, I would drive to a neutral meeting place that was a couple of minutes from his residence and he said he didnt have the gas to get there.

Thankfully all of the photos have been deleted now.

1. Sponsored Links