Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Self-Defense Against Sexual Assault

Quote Quoting Justified Force
    View Post
    No, I would not want it to come to that. The best case scenario is where nobody would give me any reason to throw punches and so therefore I wouldn't have to throw punches at anybody. Another words, I would prefer to not be attacked in the first place. But in this world where stuff like that can happen I want to be prepared.

Alright, you've got a good point. If they try to grope you than slapping their hand away could suffice but if they actually do manage to touch you somewhere that they shouldn't as you point out that could be grounds for throwing a punch. And you shouldn't get in trouble for that as its self defense.

College is where people can really go wild. Its often when people experience for the first time living in a home away from home and people do all sorts of crazy stuff.
    So what you're telling us is that you have very little self-control and are, seemingly, unwilling and/or unable to accept responsibility for your actions.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Why are we still talking about this?
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

View Post
    Well obviously Joe would be in the wrong when he continues to beat on Steve after Steve is no longer a threat. However, I don't see why Joe would be charged if he were to stop once Steve stops. After all, the intent of self defense is not to kill, not to injure, but to stop. If you're intent is to stop than it clearly would be a case of self defense, I would think. To continue to beat on an attacker after they're no longer a threat would show that your intent goes beyond stopping them which would cross the line so that it would no longer be self defense but excessive force.

Self defense isn't supposed to be a get out of jail free card. Its supposed to be a not go to jail in the first place card. Self defense is a right and therefore it shouldn't get you thrown in jail any more than exercising any other right such as breathing.
    Using your example...If Joe yells, XXXX get your hands off of me and pushes Steve, and Steve does not stop and then Joe punches him, that is ok. However, the first step is to yell at Steve and tell him to stop...if Joe punches him without telling him to stop first, then that is a problem.

I'm having more than a little concern for OP's rather large phobia about large men trying to grope his privates. Perhaps OP's time would be better served if he addressed the root cause of his problem, i.e., the phobia itself, instead of what his response might be should his unlikely fantasy ever become reality.

^^^^^^Like button

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    So what you're telling us is that you have very little self-control and are, seemingly, unwilling and/or unable to accept responsibility for your actions.
    And why do you think that? Could you explain please.

View Post
    And why do you think that? Could you explain please.
    Buy a dictionary.
    Open it.
    Look up the words to discover their meaning.

Start there.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Buy a dictionary.
    Open it.
    Look up the words to discover their meaning.

Start there.
    I know how to use a dictionary thank you very much. Now I would appreciate it if you would explain your point of view instead of being so patronizing and offensive.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5