Default Ex-Boyfriend Kicked Girlfriend Out of House and Didn't Let Her Take All Belongings

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Maine

A friend's boyfriend kicked her out of his house, where she lived for four years, at night in the middle of a blizzard, and she was only able to take some personal property. He threatened to tell authorities she stole from him. She took what she could that night, and went to the local police department and asked them to go with her when she went a few days later to get the rest of her things. The ex had some of her things for her to take, but she ended up leaving some things there. The police said they couldn't force him to open the door or let her in, but they went hoping that their presence would make things easier for her.

Does she have any recourse other than taking him to court?

Thank you!

Default Re: Ex-Boyfriend Kicked Girlfriend Out of House and Didn't Let Her Take All Belonging

Quote Quoting mmwilson
    View Post
    My question involves personal property located in the State of: Maine

A friend's boyfriend kicked her out of his house, where she lived for four years, at night in the middle of a blizzard, and she was only able to take some personal property. He threatened to tell authorities she stole from him. She took what she could that night, and went to the local police department and asked them to go with her when she went a few days later to get the rest of her things. The ex had some of her things for her to take, but she ended up leaving some things there. The police said they couldn't force him to open the door or let her in, but they went hoping that their presence would make things easier for her.

Does she have any recourse other than taking him to court?

Thank you!
    Nope, if the police have already done what they can, taking him to court is the only option.

1. Sponsored Links