Default How to Get Traffic School for Speeding in California, VC 22349(A)

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CA

Hi,

I got a speeding ticket VC 22349(a) in sacramento, ca. The ticket says I was driving at 94mph in a 65 mph zone. I do not intend to contest the ticket because 1. I do not believe I have a solid defense and 2. I honestly don't want to go to the court multiple times and also let this be a lesson for me personally. Because I was driving more than 25mph over the speed limit it seems I am not eligible for traffic school. I however read on multiple posts that judge has the power to grant you traffic school w/ fine.

My question(s) is:
    I was planning on pleading guilty but wanted to request for traffic school, how do I request the judge to allow me for traffic school? (This is my first traffic ticket but I have only been driving for about a year now)

Can you also please guide me through the procedure for a court date? Will I get to meet the judge at all or do I just get to speak to the clerk and pay the fine? I saw one post where the person didn't even get the chance to meet the judge and had to pay the fine w/o getting the chance to request for traffic school.

I appreciate your responses, thank you.

Default Re: How to Get Traffic School for Speeding (22349(A)) in California

It's simple; you show up for court on the date stated on your citation and tell the judge/commissioner that you would like to plead guilty and request traffic school. That's all there is to it. Is he going to grant it...I don't know; it depends on your speed. If you were cited for doing 91+MPH you are presumptively ineligible for traffic school however the judge has the discretion to allow you to attend traffic school. I would think that the closer to 91 you are (as opposed to 100) the better chance you have of traffic school option.

Default Re: How to Get Traffic School for Speeding in California, VC 22349(A)

You can go to court and enter a plea, requesting traffic school at the time, and hoping for the best; you can also consult a traffic ticket lawyer in the jurisdiction in which you were ticketed, and see if the lawyer believes that it may be possible to get you traffic school or some other reduction.

1. Sponsored Links