Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default When Can You Reroute a Right of Way

My question involves real estate located in the State of: North Carolina
    The person that owns the land connecting my said he was going to reroute the driveway. Can he do so?

Default Re: Rerouting a Right Away

Quote Quoting 96mustang
    View Post
    The person that owns the land connecting my said he was going to reroute the driveway. Can he do so?
    There is no where near enough information here to respond.

Default Re: Rerouting a Right Away

Unless there is some reason you feel he can NOT reroute his driveway, then yes, he can.

Default Re: When Can You Reroute a Right of Way

Quote Quoting 96mustang
    View Post
    If your driveway across his land to get to your property is an express easement, he cannot move it without your permission. Is there an easement?

So that's the short answer. If you want to explain the circumstances, we can add some more info.

Quote Quoting budwad
    View Post
    If your driveway across his land to get to your property is an express easement, he cannot move it without your permission. Is there an easement?

So that's the short answer. If you want to explain the circumstances, we can add some more info.
    From the little he gave us it could be his driveway, a shared driveway or perhaps something else entirely. It could be entirely on the other guy's property or it could be right down the property line.

The guy really needs to come back and explain himself more fully.

Quote Quoting 96mustang
    View Post
    The person that owns the land connecting my [my property to the road] said he was going to reroute the driveway. Can he do so?

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    From the little he gave us it could be his driveway, a shared driveway or perhaps something else entirely. It could be entirely on the other guy's property or it could be right down the property line.
    Someone doesn't come to a legal forum and ask if his neighbor can move his own driveway on his own property.

Someone doesn't come to a legal forum and ask if he can move his own driveway on his own property.

The driveway is entirely on his neighbor's property.

So the answer to OP's question remains the same whether it is a shared driveway, a driveway on a boundary, or anywhere else. An express easement cannot be moved without the agreement of both servient and dominant estates.

The driveway is shared. The guy is mad because I will not sale him the house. Instead I have turned it to a rental property.

Who is the driveway shared between? Is it you and the neighbor or are there others that use it also?

There is another lot involved. It belongs to my sister.

Quote Quoting 96mustang
    View Post
    There is another lot involved. It belongs to my sister.
    I really wish that you would just tell the WHOLE story instead of making us pull teeth to get one little snippet of information at a time.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast