Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Threatened After Contacting a Teenage Girlfriend Against Her Father's Wishes

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Mississippi
    A man(early 40s) called me (17) over his daughters phone today pretending to be her over text until revealing himself when, after being called 3 times and begged to answer by him posing as his 16 year old daughter, i answered. He stated what i took to be a veiled threat to me by stating he knew where i lived, knew what i looked like, knew where to find me, and if i ever defied him again we would have a "face to face"
    It regarded my talking to his daughter which in the past he had told me not to do (even going so far as to make a threat similar to the one which occured today). After her father forbade her from communicating with me his daughter continually tried to communicate with me over the months telling me he no longer cared if i talked to her. I finally gave in and talked to her (she was very pretty/convincing). Even so we talked for about a week until we stopped again because she no longer wanted to talk to boys because she was too impressionable. I recently texted her to see how she was doing because a friend of her had told me she was struggling with depression, I said "Hey how have you been" and didn't recieve a reply nor did i send another text. 2 weeks then passed until the events of today.
    I understand his worry for his daughter its just im worried about what he'll do to me. I will never contact his daughter again but truly im worried he may try to hurt me.

Default Re: Threatened After Contacting a Teenage Girlfriend Against Her Father's Wishes

A "face to face" is a meeting or discussion. It's not a threat.

You have been told to stop contacting this man's child. You chose to do so anyway. It shouldn't surprise you that he has again instructed you to stop.

You're not going to defy him again, right? So it's over.

Default Re: Threatened After Contacting a Teenage Girlfriend Against Her Father's Wishes

Your only choice here is to stop seeing/contacting his daughter and that should include blocking her number. If you comply with his request...demand, I'm sure you will have no further problems...unless she turns up pregnant. Fathers can be very protective of their daughters.

It shouldn't be my responsibility to stop his child from contacting me. In my eyes thats his job, and if its such a big deal anyway I'm sure he can just block me on her phone or better yet take her phone. I don't even want to talk to her, its just every time she gets her phone back from her parents she'll start blowing my phone up, Ive tried blocking her but she keeps finding ways around that. She has contacted me all occasions but one when a week ago when one of her friends begged me to ask her how she was doing cause she was crying and "refusing to talk" (farfetched i know). It was stupid but i didn't want to be jerk. Now I agree what I did was dumb and i should've just let her deal with missing me and all that. On top of all that he called me again today saying i contacted his daughter again and Im a "worthless piece of shit" I assured him I hadn't even thought about contacting her (i think another boy had and she was trying to protect him by saying it was me) but he relented. Then finally after I found the nerve just to hang up because i didn't want to get yelled at for something I didn't do, he kept calling and calling and calling until I answered and allowed him to finish his venting session. Now I understand you think Im just another kid trying to get with his daughter and no I'm not contemplating getting authorities involved (he's just protecting his daughter and all) but i do seriously want to know if he attempts to like hurt me (which im not sure i see him doing but...) because some other boy calls his daughter and she tells him its me to protect whatever boy she is talking to, would I be within the boundaries of the law to defend myself with a weapon (not a gun or anything like that, more along the lines of a bat) even if he's going fists only. I would be enough of a man to fight him without anything but he's one of the largest men Ive ever seen (like 6 foot 6 and build like a gorrilla) and im 5 foot 7 inches, and weigh 135 lbs plus Im extremely uncoordinated.

Someone else answer this brat; I don't trust myself to say anything just now. For someone who didn't want to be a jerk he's doing a pretty poor job of it.

Quote Quoting randyclemmen
    View Post
    It shouldn't be my responsibility to stop his child from contacting me.
    It's your responsibility to forget she exists which, of course, is what you should do every time she contacts you.

In my eyes thats his job, and if its such a big deal anyway I'm sure he can just block me on her phone or better yet take her phone. I don't even want to talk to her, its just every time she gets her phone back from her parents she'll start blowing my phone up, Ive tried blocking her but she keeps finding ways around that. She has contacted me all occasions but one when a week ago when one of her friends begged me to ask her how she was doing cause she was crying and "refusing to talk" (farfetched i know). It was stupid but i didn't want to be jerk. Now I agree what I did was dumb and i should've just let her deal with missing me and all that. On top of all that he called me again today saying i contacted his daughter again and Im a "worthless piece of shit" I assured him I hadn't even thought about contacting her (i think another boy had and she was trying to protect him by saying it was me) but he relented. Then finally after I found the nerve just to hang up because i didn't want to get yelled at for something I didn't do, he kept calling and calling and calling until I answered and allowed him to finish his venting session. Now I understand you think Im just another kid trying to get with his daughter and no I'm not contemplating getting authorities involved (he's just protecting his daughter and all) but i do seriously want to know if he attempts to like hurt me (which im not sure i see him doing but...) because some other boy calls his daughter and she tells him its me to protect whatever boy she is talking to, would I be within the boundaries of the law to defend myself with a weapon (not a gun or anything like that, more along the lines of a bat) even if he's going fists only. I would be enough of a man to fight him without anything but he's one of the largest men Ive ever seen (like 6 foot 6 and build like a gorrilla) and im 5 foot 7 inches, and weigh 135 lbs plus Im extremely uncoordinated.
    Grow up. End of story.

First, part of his job in keeping you away from her is telling you to stay away and not contact her. If you need to, change your phone number or whatever to get peace and keep her from leaving messages for you. You are always free to just ignore what she sends you. In the end, itís up to you to do your part in avoiding contact with her.

Second, donít arrange to meet with the father if it makes you uncomfortable. If he attacks you then you first ought to try to flee. If you cannot do that then you may use reasonable force to protect yourself, but we aware that once you get into a fight, there is no guarantee that the police and prosecutor will see you as the victim in the fight. So itís best to avoid it if you can.

I would change my number but she knows all my friends and the only way to keep her from getting my number, would be to not tell any of my friends my number. I understand y'all thinking I'm a jerk or a brat, I guess I am being one. I guess I was just frustrated because every time she's contacted me I've always attempted to ignore her, until finally after getting tired of listening to her constant texts and her friends calling me for hours telling me "Her dad doesn't even care anymore, your just scared" I get worn down and reluctantly answer her. Its 110% my fault, ever since the first time when her dad told me she had been warned not to call me and did so anyway, without even letting me know her huge dad didn't want her to talk to me, i should've known that any time i talked to her it would blow up in my face. Tomorrow I guess Ill call her dad and tell him Im sorry. The only thing I dont know what to do about, is the constant calls and texts from this girl. Seriously I don't see anything i can do. Every time i block one email she'll leave me alone for about an hour or two and then the texts'll start right back up. No matter how many texts I have to ignore this time, Im not gonna answer her.

Quote Quoting randyclemmen
    View Post
    I would change my number but she knows all my friends and the only way to keep her from getting my number, would be to not tell any of my friends my number. I understand y'all thinking I'm a jerk or a brat, I guess I am being one. I guess I was just frustrated because every time she's contacted me I've always attempted to ignore her, until finally after getting tired of listening to her constant texts and her friends calling me for hours telling me "Her dad doesn't even care anymore, your just scared" I get worn down and reluctantly answer her. Its 110% my fault, ever since the first time when her dad told me she had been warned not to call me and did so anyway, without even letting me know her huge dad didn't want her to talk to me, i should've known that any time i talked to her it would blow up in my face. Tomorrow I guess Ill call her dad and tell him Im sorry. The only thing I dont know what to do about, is the constant calls and texts from this girl. Seriously I don't see anything i can do. Every time i block one email she'll leave me alone for about an hour or two and then the texts'll start right back up. No matter how many texts I have to ignore this time, Im not gonna answer her.
    Tell your friends you want to hear nothing about this girl. Nothing. If your friends are really your friends, they'll understand and help you. Right? Block her number. If you can't (granted, I'm hardly the most tech-savvy person in the world so I don't know how likely this may be), then simply delete upon receipt.

She is the Plague, as far as you're concerned. Y'know?

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Look, this is really simple. You invited this mess into your life and now you need to clean it up. Block her umber. Don't answer call from numbers that you don't recognize. If she calls from a friends phone block that friend, their no good to you anyway. YOU are the responsible party as the adult. Don't mess this up more than you aready have. It's not dad, it's not the little girl, it's you. Don't call her, don't call dad (unless you want to attempt to enlist him as an ally which is highly unlikely but a possibility in as far as getting her to leave you alone). You've exposed yourself to a mess of potential legal hassle here. Restraining orders, and who knows what else if the girl decides to say that you did something...inappropriate. You'll be investigated, you may be charged and then you'll be forced to clear your name and then it'll stick to you forever. Take some goddamn responsibility! You're in your bleeding 40's and she's a teenager!

Stop playing with little girls you great bloody pillock and stick with big girls. At least then a creep like you can get a little protection.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast