Default What to Do if You Can't Afford a Divorce Lawyer

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Nebraska. We are just starting the mediation process of our divorce, that involves 2 kids 14 and 17, whom stay at my place 1 week and hers 1 week. i am ordered to pay 350 a month even with arrangement. I lost my lawyer due to the fact i cant afford him. What Do I do now?

Default Re: What to Do if You Can't Afford a Divorce Lawyer

If it's a completely agreeable divorce, you can take your chances going pro se. Otherwise, find a way to afford the lawyer. You may have to go into considerable debt to do so, but if you have assets, and trying to fight for your kids, then it is worth it.

Quote Quoting tadd
    View Post
    My question involves a marriage in the state of: Nebraska. We are just starting the mediation process of our divorce, that involves 2 kids 14 and 17, whom stay at my place 1 week and hers 1 week. i am ordered to pay 350 a month even with arrangement. I lost my lawyer due to the fact i cant afford him. What Do I do now?
    In a true 50/50, child support will typically not be ordered (outside of a very small token amount) unless there's a significant disparity in income.

Plug the numbers here: https://supremecourt.nebraska.gov/su...rules/ch4/art2

at first judge ordered her temp custody, more time with her, and me to pay 1000, the girls said they didnt want to do that and wanted to keep doing the every other week thing so they wrote letters stating there preferences. Judge really didnt buy there notorized letters but did grant me another day or 2 and dropped it to 350. The girls continue to do the weekly living conditions and the x wife hasnt fought it. We have no assets, we rent, so there is not much to argue over. She does make more than me, 12,000 more but I dont want money from her. All I want is same living arraingments and to stop paying her 350 so I can apply that to girls expenses.

1. Sponsored Links