Question Will an Arrest Warrant Show Up when You Re-Enter the Country

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nevada.

A few years back I got a DUI (Driving Under the Influence) felony charge/case, that one being my 2nd DUI felony charge in Las Vegas. The first one I completed everything I was supposed to do (Time, parole, etc.) but for the 2nd one I didn't, I was offered an alternative sentence program instead of doing time in prison but I didn't complete the program. I was almost done with it but I had to move so didn't finished it.

Now... I want to return to the US and take care of all that I left unfinished, but since I'm pretty sure I have an arrest warrant, I want to know if it will show up as soon as a re-enter the country at customs and be arrested?... or does the warrant just stays in Nevada? I haven't talked to an attorney or anything, so I don't really know what to do or what to expect. Can anyone help?... Thanks!

Default Re: If I Have an Arrest Warrant Will It Show Up when Re-Entering the Country

You're just rolling the dice on any outstanding warrants (especially felonies) as to whether someone will check for them and detain you. These days you got two things going against you: first when you buy your tickets, your name is screened. Second, CBP uses fingerprints for identity which will also look for warrants.

Default Re: If I Have an Arrest Warrant Will It Show Up when Re-Entering the Country

CBP will almost certainly flag you as having a warrant but the question is will Nevada bother to send someone to get you. Most warrants specify which states the issuing jurisdiction will extradite you from. The further from Nevada you enter the country the less likely they will send someone to get you. But for a felony, there is always a chance they will fetch you wherever they find you. If you take an international flight directly into Vegas, they will almost certainly nab you.

1. Sponsored Links