Default Health Insurance Companies Fighting Over Who is Primary and Secondary

My question involves insurance law for the state of: Ohio. I have a child with my ex husband & in our divorice papers it states that he must obtain insurance on her. My daughter lives with me 100% of the time, but my ex is 6 months older than me so they kept saying the birthday rule, but my insurance company said that didn't apply because we were divoriced. After we finally got that settled through his old insurance company that his was primary & mine secondary. When his employer switched insurance companies twice within the same year it through everything out of whack on who was primary & secondary. Resulting in this mess, I have the process bills for her that are in my name have gone into collection & now starting garnishment stage. All while I am finally getting things straightened out with my insurance and his insurance. Is there anything that I can do as this is ruining my credit over this & causing a lot of stress. Thank you

Default Re: Insurance Companies Fighting Over Who is Primary and Secondary

Which is the primary and which is secondary is set by the insurance carrier's policies, not by law. You might want to go ahead and pay the bills to avoid ruining your credit; once the carriers have settled the matter they can always reimburse you.

You might find that it's more cost effective in the long run for her to be covered on only one parents' policy.

1. Sponsored Links