Default Can I Be Charged with Driving on Suspended License if I Was Not in the Vehicle

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: VA
    On Thursday I was arrested for driving on suspended license. I was in a friends driveway and outside of the running vehicle on the passenger side the car owner was outside of the vehicle on the drivers side when the officer turned on his blue lights and pulled in. He arrested me and wrote the car owner a ticket for allowing an unlicensed drive to operate their vehicle. Can the officer do this? What should I expect? What should the car owner expect? Also the magistrate thought it was hilarious and let me sign my our bond. Both myself and the vehicle owner have court on the 13th.

Default Re: Can I Be Charged with Driving on Suspended License if I Was Not in the Vehicle

So, what is the reasoning behind the ticket? I presume it is due to the officer seeing you driving the car and not believing you attempt to claim you weren't driving evidenced by your quick switch in the driveway

if that is the basis behind the ticket, about all you have a mistake of identity. If you try that I would hope you look like twins and were wearing identical shirts that day.

1. Sponsored Links