Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: If One Witnessed Unequivocal Public Corruption Can They Legally Undo That Witness

Sorry, not seeing a grand conspiracy here. A very sad tragedy that resulted in a settlement deal with the jurisdiction...

Are you sure that your view of whatever situation your alluding to is objective?

Default Re: If One Witnessed Unequivocal Public Corruption Can They Legally Undo That Witness

Yes my view is very objective. I can't go into details except that there was a specific school zone that stayed very dangerous in academic years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. There was concern among parents but nothing changed. The only reassurance to them was that there was a motorcycle traffic division officer frequently seen writing tickets around there. There was a scam going on rooted in that. I identified it in March 2012 and demanded an internal investigation. I pointed out that what they were doing was actually adding to the present level of danger in that zone. I told them that with the situation at hand it would not be if, but when, there would be a child vs motor vehicle accident. They covered it up and denied wrongdoing. But a student was struck in front of that specific school on 12-12-12 and badly injured. Not long after that tragedy the school zone became transformed with long overdue safety measures. I did not realize until last week how badly the girl had been injured. This could have and should have been prevented. Seeing that news video was the last straw for me.

Quote Quoting davidino
    View Post
    Intentionally ignoring school zone safety, in fact exploiting an unsafe situation led to this:
    http://www.king5.com/news/local/kits...lion/408650320
    Was the scam worth it?
    You should have budgeted for an increase in Liability/Torts expenditure to offset your surplus revenues generated by your brainchild Traffic Offense Program.
    Do the math.
    ... for someone who's trying desperately to avoid trouble, you seem to be intent on doing exactly that.

Why?

Quote Quoting davidino
    View Post
    Yes my view is very objective. I can't go into details except that there was a specific school zone that stayed very dangerous in academic years 2011-2012 and 2012-2013. There was concern among parents but nothing changed. The only reassurance to them was that there was a motorcycle traffic division officer frequently seen writing tickets around there. There was a scam going on rooted in that. I identified it in March 2012 and demanded an internal investigation. I pointed out that what they were doing was actually adding to the present level of danger in that zone. I told them that with the situation at hand it would not be if, but when, there would be a child vs motor vehicle accident. They covered it up and denied wrongdoing. But a student was struck in front of that specific school on 12-12-12 and badly injured. Not long after that tragedy the school zone became transformed with long overdue safety measures. I did not realize until last week how badly the girl had been injured. This could have and should have been prevented. Seeing that news video was the last straw for me.
    Hon, you're anything but objective.

And don't get me wrong - I live in the same state. I know. But to claim that you're being objective is bordering on ludicrous :/

My own view is objective with respect to what I have seen and what I know. It would also be crystal clear to those reading this if you had facts that I can't share here. There may be a time that I can do so in the future. Anyone with a conscience would be livid.
    My nebulous approach is frustrating to all of you but I have gleaned some useful information in your replies. I had posted just days after I had to make a decision in my case that began in March 2012. I made the courageous choice. Days later I started this thread. I coincidentally began it only a week before the story about the victim of the 12-12-12 accident broke. It is uncanny. I had known that she was airlifted to Harborview that day. I had no knowledge of the severity or specifics of her injuries until just days ago. If I believed in providence I would not think that this was just coincidental.
    I am on track to do the right thing. She could have been my child.

If you aren't going to share details and only speak in cryptic, near-paranoid terms....go away. We can't help you.

We can't help you? No "you" probably can't. Those involved would be your heroes. So clever! So brilliant by your standards.

Quote Quoting davidino
    View Post
    We can't help you? No "you" probably can't. Those involved would be your heroes. So clever! So brilliant by your standards.
    No one here can help you. I have no idea what you mean by those involved would be my heroes. You don't know me and you don't know who I would consider a hero.

At this point, you are sliding into paranoid conspiracy territory.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Well, you have the facts and we don't. You're unwilling or unable to share them yet you want some advice on how to deal with this. How about this. I presume you live in Kitsap Co? If yes, drive out to Ft. Worden SP and E. of the main gun embankments there is an underground reservoir. You can remove the cover and climb on in and hunker down in there until this all blows over. It's dark and dank and you may begin to talk to yourself, but it'll blow over. I'll come out drop you some grub from Water St. Pizza from time to time.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

First, what are your professional criteria that would make you an expert on school zones and school safety? I don't mean the fact that you drive a car or walk, but do you have professional qualifications or experience such that your opinion of a safety issue would rise above and beyond that of the average person? If so, did you provide the school and jurisdiction with specific and actionable information about a hazard that they could have and should have acted upon? I don't mean comments like "its so bad" or "drivers are going so fast and don't slow down", but a specific hazard? Remember, agencies often get comments from residents about things that they feel are a problem, but not all of those contacts require action on the part of the agency.

Next, you are suggesting that the local agency did in fact act on the concerns, sending an officer out to conduct patrols and issue citations. So they were aware of the issue and brought resources to bear on the problem. While that might not have been the response you were hoping for, that does not mean they were negligent or were acting from ill intent. Its hard to see how police enforcement plays into your conspiracy, unless your under the widespread but mistaken belief that the Police issue citations to make gobs of money for their employer. Unfortunately, if that is the basis of your conspiracy, you won't get far at all.

Lastly, you said that the School and the City did ultimately modify the area. Were those plans in place in the timeframe your considering, and perhaps they were just waiting for funding?

Just so you understand, I'm not frustrated by your response, I just don't think that you really have anything here. A terrible crash occurred in a school area that there was a lot of concern with. That is a tragedy, but your sudden clarity seems to only come from hindsight, the same as everybody else. You seem to be trying to insert yourself into the incident as some sort of "omniscient but humble hero that tried but was ultimately shunned by the dark side"... But unless you've got much better facts, I just don't see that going anywhere.

^^^Like button. About a dozen times.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast