Default Can a L1B Visa Holder Bring in L2 Family Members While Changing Employers

Hello There,

I am currently on L1B Visa with Company X as a consultant. My company's parent company Y is planning to hire me as a Product Manager into their payroll. Company X is fully owned by Company Y. I was told by Company Y that an amendment would be filed for my visa so they can transfer from my current consultant responsibilities to a Product Manager. I have no doubt that company Y will do the necessary to file the amendment correctly.

My family is in my Home country and I was hoping to bring them to the US before or when the amendment is in progress.

1) Is it safe to do so? Will they have any problems in the immigration at Point of Entry?

2) If it is ok to bring them here, and once they arrive in US, do they have to undergo any changes on their L2 dependent visa at some point after my L1 Visa amendment?

Please advise!

Thank you for your answers in Advance!

Default Re: Can a L1B Visa Holder Bring in L2 Family Members While Changing Employers

As long as you remain in valid L1 visa status, derivative L2 visas will also remain valid. In other words, this should not be a problem.

1. Sponsored Links