Default Can You Get an Eviction Case Removed From Your Credit History

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Aurora Colorado

Hi I am a mother of 3 children. I moved into a low income in 2011 and in April of 2016 I was given a Eviction notice due to not being able to pay my water bill to the landlord there was a late fee added on and it totaled out to 106.23. The bill was due the 5th of April I got the notice on the 16th of April. I pawned some things and paid the bill in full and late fee and the eviction notice amount. (406.23) The judge dismissed the case. Well currently I graduated school for LPN and have been deemed self sufficient so I got a voucher from housing for graduating school, paying my first 2months of rent and deposit but I put in for a home and the land lord denied me due to me having a eviction from the home I currently just still live in until February 1 2017. I was wondering is there a way I can get the eviction sealed or off so I can get a home, or because I was late it will be on there forever. please help!

Default Re: Can You Get an Eviction Case Removed From Your Credit History

Credit reporting agencies may include public records in consumer credit reports, so if it is correctly showing that a lawsuit was filed against you and dismissed, that information may be reported.

The long shot.... When a plaintiff is cooperative, it is sometimes possible to reopen a civil case and have the case vacated, but plaintiffs are rarely willing to do that and, even when they are, the court won't always go along with it.

You are also permitted to put a consumer note in your credit file that states the case was settled and dismissed. You need to be careful about what kind of note or statement you submit. It should be linked directly to the record or account you want to comment on. A general statement will survive the account but a linked statement will be deleted when the record or account is deleted.

You should contact each of the credit reporting companies if you choose to make a statement for assistance.

Ok so basically I am SOL?

Didn't your rental application ask about evictions ? If you did not list it, chances are the landlord does not trust you to be honest. The fact that it is recent does not help. Have you tried talking to the landlord and explaining that you will have income now or more income and will be able to pay your bills on time ? Have you talked to your caseworker at housing and asked if they have any advice ?

1. Sponsored Links