Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cyber Stalking and Harrassment Charges

ok here is the story, i did a prank call on someone with the intent to do bodily harm a week later a cop called me asking questions about the alledged incident i admitted to what i said and told him it was a prank and did not mean any of it he later proceeded to tell me im getting charges pressed for cyberstalking and harrassment.

i live in the state of washington and did my research about the charges that im going to get hit with it says that in the state of washington the maximum penalty for these charges is a year in jail and a $5,000 fine.

so i contacted 2 online lawyer services, the 1st lawyer service told me that i should plead not guilty and i wont get a class C felony because i did not threaten to kill. so i contacted another lawyer service. the lawyer said that this isnt big of a deal that i might get a slap on the wrist or get minimal charges. i asked him if i will get arrested in court he said no. i also asked him about the charges i had in the past he said no. that these are new charges.

i need to know what im expecting out of all this.

Default Re: Cyber Stalking and Harrassment Charges

Consider speaking to a real, live criminal defense lawyer in the state in which this occurred.

The outcome will depend upon factors including the laws of that state, your age, your prior criminal record (if any), the full facts of the incident, the prosecutor's policies, and the judge assigned to your case.

He lives in the state of Washington.

well im 31 years old my prior criminal history is a few restraining order violations, the full facts of the case was i told her i was going to do bodily harm, thats what the cop told me

Wow - "a few restraining order violations" - were these perpetrated against the person you threatened? Even if they weren't, this is going to look very very bad for you in court. If your prior criminal history was totally unrelated to your current charges (for example, shoplifting or similar), then it's possible the judge wouldn't bother taking them into account at all - but restraining order violations? Wow. To the judge, that makes you look like a habitual cyberstalker. If you're entertaining any hopes at all of staying out of jail, you need an attorney now.

how is my past charges relatable, whatever happened was years ago. isnt the cyberstalking and harrassment different than the restraining order charges i recieved.

Restraining order violations fall into the same criminal category as cyberstalking and harassment. If you don't like that, there's nothing you can do about it. If you don't understand it, have your attorney explain it to you. And yes, you really really do need an attorney. Period.

can you show how restraining orders fall into the same category as cyberstalking and harrassment?

Are you really that dense?

A restraining order means that you have been paying unwanted attention to someone. Cyberstalking and harassment are paying unwanted attention to someone.

Is that clear enough for you?

Were (any of) the restraining orders restricting your contact with the same person you are accused of cyber-stalking? Regardless, you need to leave this person/people alone, and get some therapy. You need to learn boundaries.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast