Default Divorce from a Spouse With a History of Substance Abuse

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Arkansas. I have been married for 14 years and have 3 kids. My husband has a history of drug use and abuse. Is there a way to make sure I don't have to share my kids or if I do very little. They are all over 10 but he hasn't ever hurt them only me. Just wondering.

Default Re: Divorce

If he has never harmed your children, what are you worried about?

He is their father. If he pursues visitation he will get visitation. You could potentially push for supervised if he is currently on hard drugs, but other than that, there is virtually no chance that you will not have to do any timesharing.

Default Re: Divorce from a Spouse With a History of Substance Abuse

Quote Quoting Knowmyoptions
    View Post
    My question involves a marriage in the state of: Arkansas. I have been married for 14 years and have 3 kids. My husband has a history of drug use and abuse. Is there a way to make sure I don't have to share my kids or if I do very little. They are all over 10 but he hasn't ever hurt them only me. Just wondering.
    No there isn't. You can get a protection order against him. You could maybe ask for supervised visits. But you aren't going to get visitation denied unless he is currently a danger to them.

My ex husband is a raging meth addict. He doesn't do it all the time but most of the time. He's in rehab right now again actually. He has a visitation order with his two kids with his other ex wife. Every other weekend and summers and so on. Has she denied him visitation before? Yes. Was she legally allowed to? No. He just never took her to court.

With our daughter he has no parenting plan because his lazy ass didn't show up to court and he didn't do parenting class. So parenting time is at my discretion. Oh and he also abused both me and his other ex wife and he still got visitation with those kids. Hers nothing was documented. Mine he plead guilty to one of three incidents. He also has a criminal past. Yet he still has visitation rights. See where I'm going with this?

1. Sponsored Links