Unhappy Kissing and Touching a Drunk Person

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois, im 17 and i will be 18 in three months but i met a 22 year old that i started to like and later in the night when he was really drunk like not remember the next day drunk i kissed him and hugged him and placed his hand on my butt. Can and will he get charged and put in jail for my action, my parents are trying to put him and jail and i feel so bad about it i hate myself for pretty much ruining is life with this drama. I'm lost and dont know what else to do.

Default Re: Consent Problems(Misunderstandings)

I strongly suspect you are merely trolling with a ridiculous made-up question. However, based on the facts you have provided, I don't see that he committed any crime. Someone might, however, suspect that there are facts you are leaving out (like him supplying YOU with liquor and YOUR underage consumption of same). But, that is conjecture.
    Behind the badge is a person. Behind the person is an ego. This is as it should be, person at the center and ego to the back.

Default Re: Consent Problems(Misunderstandings)

On the off chance that this is a true post and not a troll, if the facts are as you've stated, there is nothing your parents can do to the 22 year old but there is PLENTY that they can do to you.

If you've left out facts or changed them around to spin your point more effectively, then our answers are as good as your facts.

Just for your future knowledge, being drunk is not a defense.

Default Re: Kissing and Touching a Drunk Person

Quote Quoting goldylocks1999
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois, im 17 and i will be 18 in three months but i met a 22 year old that i started to like and later in the night when he was really drunk like not remember the next day drunk i kissed him and hugged him and placed his hand on my butt. Can and will he get charged and put in jail for my action, my parents are trying to put him and jail and i feel so bad about it i hate myself for pretty much ruining is life with this drama. I'm lost and dont know what else to do.
    The age of consent in Illinois is 17. Thus, even if the two of you had engaged in sexual intercourse it would not have been a crime, assuming that both of you consented to the sexual activity. The key word here is consent. Taking advantage of someone when they are unable to consent for any kind of sexual gratification (which includes more than sexual intercourse and can include things like touching breasts, etc) may result in committing a crime. A person who is quite drunk or high on drugs may be unable to consent and in that case taking advantage of that to engage in some kind of sexual gratification can amount to a sex offense.

Your post does not suggest that you were drunk; you only state he was drunk. So, just on the facts given, it would seem he committed no crime. You might have technically committed some crime, however, depending on the details of exactly what occurred and just how out of it he was at the time.

Default Re: Kissing and Touching a Drunk Person

Quote Quoting goldylocks1999
    View Post
    Is this a real question? Plus 17 is the age of consent in Illinois so how would your parents get him in trouble? You consented to the actions. You're legally able to consent. So your parents are grasping or as stated you are trolling. If he supplied you alcohol then he can get in trouble for that. Otherwise that's it.

1. Sponsored Links