Default Okay, This is Getting Ridiculous

cbg here again.

I have a new computer, and am finally able to log in with Chrome again. My old one was rejecting Chrome and forcing me to use Firefox or IE. I detest IE and only tolerate Firefox. There were other reasons for buying a new one, but that was one of them. I'll be having that one repaired and using it as a back up. This new one rocks. With one exception -

However, on Chrome, this site, and only this site, is rejecting my login. I put in cbg and cbg's password, and it tells me my password is wrong. When I try to reset it, no matter how carefully I type in the Captcha, it tells me I've typed it wrong.

When I attempt to log in with the other ID I set up when my old computer rejected Chrome, ladycathryn, the same thing happened. The password was rejected and attempts to reset it led to claims of mis-typed Captcha.

I have successfully logged into all my other favorite sites on Chrome on the new computer. This is the only one that's giving me any trouble.

Default Re: Okay, This is Getting Ridiculous

This happened to me in the fall when i got a new computer for school work. Then all of a sudden, it magically started working. No rhyme or reason to it at all.

To add insult to injury, this morning I got an error message that Chrome had a corrupted file. I had to uninstall and reinstall. I was anticipating having to create still another identity (and I'm out of email addresses) but it signed me into this one without protest.

Is it only with Chrome that you get the rejection? If so, maybe you'd like a Chrome variant like Opera or Vivaldi and those might be just different enough from Chrome not to give you the errors you get working with Chrome. I do like Vivaldi, it is highly customizable and has some interesting features in it. When I run into problems with other browsers, I default back to using Safari which seems to be very stable but that doesn't help you since you donít run a Mac.

That's right; only with Chrome. Just to be sure this morning when my Chrome crashed and I had to log into IE to download it again, I tried logging out as ChristieG and back in with cbg. It worked. But I'm scared to log out of ChristieG here for fear I can't get back in.

I don't know Vivaldi. Maybe I'll check that out.

In related news, does anyone know if you have to have posted x number of times here before you can send a PM? I just tried twice to send one (to you, Tax, as a matter of fact) but neither went through and I didn't get any kind of error message.

Attention Doggie: I'm trying to send you a PM and I'm getting error messages, not the same issue as when I PM'd Tax, above. Is your box full or have you turned off PM?

So at work, I was already logged in a cbg. I logged out, and then logged back in again. No problems. So it appears that it's only if I attempt to log in as cbg on a new device.

I'm going to put a post in the bug report.

or I would, if I could find a New Thread button. And I know where it ought to be. Is the Using the Forum forum no longer accepting new threads?

AND....it let me back in.

Remember a few weeks or months back when the site got hacked? I changed my password at that time. I've been using the correct password, and I know it because it shows me the letters and not ***** but...

One of my teammates at work was having login issues, and I was commiserating with her by telling her about this. My boss overheard, and suggested that perhaps something, somewhere, was still holding onto a remnant of my old password. He suggested that I try to log in using the old one.

So I did, and got rejected. But then I tried again using the new, correct password and THIS time, it let me in.

So I'm here!!!

1. Sponsored Links