Default Responsibility for a Georgia Red Light Camera Ticket if You Weren't the Driver

A driver living in another state received a red light camera ticket from Georgia. The picture shows the car, but the driver can't be identified. The car owner has never been to Georgia. How should the car owner fight the ticket?

Default Re: Responsibility for a Georgia Red Light Camera Ticket if You Weren't the Driver

Georgia appears to follow the model of treating red light tickets in the same manner as parking tickets -- that is, they're not moving violations, they don't go on your driving history, they don't affect your insurance, but they're payable based upon your ownership of the car.

I see courts in Georgia that allow an owner to dispute the ticket based upon their having sold the car before the ticket was issued, or because the car was stolen before the ticket was issued, but I see nothing that provides for a defense based upon who was driving the car.

1. Sponsored Links