Default Can You Lose Your Workers Comp if Your Surgery Worsens Your Condition

An employee in Florida was hurt on the job and had to have surgery. The surgery failed, and left the employee with even worse symptoms. Can the employee lose her workers compensation benefits based upon her having been injured by the failed surgery? Will she be able to collect benefits while waiting for a second surgery, intended to try to fix the problems from the injury as well as those caused by the first surgery?

Default Re: Can You Lose Your Workers Comp if Your Surgery Worsens Your Condition

If there is no dispute that the first surgery was for the work-related injury, and that the worsened symptoms were caused by the first surgery, then workers compensation benefits should continue.

If the insurance company is suggesting that benefits might not continue, the worker should consult a workers compensation lawyer, ASAP.

1. Sponsored Links