Question How to Add a Father to an Adult's Birth Certificate

My question involves paternity law for the State of: Hawaii.
    I am wondering if I can have my father added to my birth certificate, he and my mother are not married and she had not added him to my birth certificate when I was born as they were no longer together, my father is undocumented mexican while my mother is a U.S. citizen , my concern is can I have him added if my mom doesn't consent and would there be any ramifications for him if he was added to my birth certificate, I am trying to have this done so I can apply for mexican citizenship through him.

Default Re: How to Add a Father to an Adult's Birth Certificate

Assuming that no father is identified on your birth certificate,
    Quote Quoting Hawaii Revised Statutes, Sec. 584-6. Determination of father and child relationship; who may bring action; when action may be brought; process, warrant, bond, etc.
    (a) A child, or guardian ad litem of the child, the child's natural mother, whether married or unmarried at the time the child was conceived, or her personal representative or parent if the mother has died; or a man alleged or alleging himself to be the natural father, or his personal representative or parent if the father has died; or a presumed father as defined in section 584-4, or his personal representative or parent if the presumed father has died; or the child support enforcement agency, may bring an action for the purpose of declaring the existence or nonexistence of the father and child relationship within the following time periods:...

(2) If the child has not become the subject of an adoption proceeding, within three years after the child reaches the age of majority; provided that any period of time during which the man alleged or alleging himself to be the natural father of the child is absent from the State or is openly cohabitating with the mother of the child or is contributing to the support of the child, shall not be computed.
    So as long as you're under the age of 21, either you or your putative father may commence a paternity action.

1. Sponsored Links