Default Taking a Driving Test After Getting Ticketed While Driving on a Permit

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: South Carolina but I live in the state of North Carolina. I got pulled over and only have my learners permit on the date of november 25 i can go take my drivers license test on november 28 and my ticket is due on december 7. What should I do.

Default Re: Taking a Driving Test After Getting Ticketed While Driving on a Permit

Are you stating that you got a ticket while driving lawfully on your permit? If so, for what?

Are you stating that you were driving unlawfully on your permit? If so, did you receive a ticket for that violation instead or as well?

Default Re: Taking a Driving Test After Getting Ticketed While Driving on a Permit

I was driving and had illegal lights so I got pulled so I got pulled for illegally driving w/o a license. I got a ticket for "violating beginner learning permit" and a warning for the illegal lights

Alrighty... you won't be convicted by the time of your driving test, but when the convictions are abstracted back to North Carolina I would not be surprised if you end up without a license. I suggest working with a lawyer in South Carolina to try to get your charge reduced.

If I pay the fine will it be resolved?

It depends on what you mean by "resolved"? If you mean, will you be convicted and have all of the collateral consequences of a conviction, then yes... but that's probably not what you want.

So if i did get a lawyer what do you believe he could get it down to.

That will be a question you will pose to the lawyers you interview.

1. Sponsored Links