Default How to Get a License in Another State When You're Suspended

If my license is suspended in tennesse would I be able to obtain a license in ohio? I don't have any dui or any wrecks. It's all driving on suspend / revoked and traffic tickets.

Default Re: How to Get a License in Another State When You're Suspended

Step one: Pay your fines. Step two: Finish any period of suspension. Step 3: Pay your reinstatement fees. Step 4 (or somewhere along the line): Move to Ohio. Step 5: Apply for an Ohio license.

Mr Knowitall has it right, pay the fines and fees to get it reinstated, then work on obtaining an Ohio license.
    States are pretty well connected these days, so it is normal practice for Ohio to learn your license was suspended elsewhere, which would possibly open up other charges, least of which would be another driving on suspended.

When you apply for a license in Ohio, the form will ask if you are suspended in another state. If you answer this question "no", you risk a criminal conviction, a fine and or jail time. Clear up you issue with TN before you apply for a license in OH.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

All states participate in the national driver’s registry (NDR), which is a federally maintained and operated database of actions taken against drivers’ licenses. Most states, including Ohio, are members of the Driver’s License Compact (DLC). Under the DLC, member states agree to honor the revocations and suspensions of other states, with some exceptions. So, in order to get a license in Ohio, you’d need to become a resident of that state and very likely also resolve the outstanding problems against your license in Tennessee. Ohio will see the Tennessee suspension or revocation in the NDR and very likely will deny you a license based on the DLC.

1. Sponsored Links