Default How to Respond to Abuse Allegations Raised During a Divorce Case

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: FL

I went to my local court house to check a few things and when I checked my case I noticed that the mom directly (despite now having counsel) filed a few letters addressed to the judge and filed exhibits in the form of screenshots of previous text conversations. Alot of it is petty in my point of view but she's attempting to allege abuse and neglect by way of out of context messages or events I've made her aware of when it came to disciplining our child. She's making claims of concern over the demographics of our home since my wife is Hispanic and thus our children together are mixed.
    She wants to portray herself as the soft hearted mom who only let our child stay with me so long only because she didn't want there to be anything that stopped our relationship but is now concerned that he could treated as a "step child".

How best do I deal with this once we get in front of a judge?

Default Re: Dealing with Court Instigated Abuse/Neglect Claims

Does your current wife discipline the child? Physically?

Default Re: Dealing with Court Instigated Abuse/Neglect Claims

Quote Quoting AmericanDadof5
    View Post
    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: FL

I went to my local court house to check a few things and when I checked my case I noticed that the mom directly (despite now having counsel) filed a few letters addressed to the judge and filed exhibits in the form of screenshots of previous text conversations. Alot of it is petty in my point of view but she's attempting to allege abuse and neglect by way of out of context messages or events I've made her aware of when it came to disciplining our child. She's making claims of concern over the demographics of our home since my wife is Hispanic and thus our children together are mixed.
    She wants to portray herself as the soft hearted mom who only let our child stay with me so long only because she didn't want there to be anything that stopped our relationship but is now concerned that he could treated as a "step child".

How best do I deal with this once we get in front of a judge?
    You know, if she actually put that kind of stuff in writing, I honestly don't think that you are going to have anything to worry about. Not only is the judge going to be pretty ticked off at her racist attitude but her attorney is going to be livid that she did things behind his/her back.

Default Re: How to Respond to Abuse Allegations Raised During a Divorce Case

Quote Quoting jumanji
    View Post
    Does your current wife discipline the child? Physically?
    No shes never done that. She leaves the majority of discipline to me. I can count the number of times on one hand where I've physically disciplined him in the last few years. I know there's differing opinions on it which I respect but I just find it concerning that she's trying to use it against me so long after the fact. She's never complained about ithe before. I know there's a line between discipline and abuse and I've never worried before now about whether or not I crossed it.

1. Sponsored Links