Default Virginia Expungement to Obtain Government Clearance

Hi, I was convicted of petit larceny in VA in 1995. The judge made a suspended sentence and said that the charges were going to be dropped if I did not get into any more trouble for a year. From what I remember, the way he put it, is that if I did community service and did not return to court for anything else, I was not going to receive a conviction. As of right now, I have a conviction on my record for a misdemeanor.

I am currently trying to receive a government clearance and if I fail, the job field in which I am in, is mostly governement contract, so I need to expunge my record. Is there a way of doing this? I have read many posts and am still unsure if I would qualify. Can someone point me in a the right direction, can I fill a petition and qualify? Thank you in advance.

Default Re: Virginia Expungement to obtain government clearance

I just ran a criminal background check, and there is no record of this misdemeanor there...will the governement be still be able to see it?

Which government? (Probably yes.)

I meant the US government in any kind of a security check for a job (will they be able to see this?)...I assume so too, I just checked and this larceny was a little more then 10 years ago, so I wonder if it not showing up on a regular private search has something to do with it...

1. Sponsored Links