Default Lawyer Didn't File Case, Claiming File Was Stolen

Im in need of advise i had a car accident almost 3 yrs ago, we switch laywer and the second laywer he hired never filed our case. the last thing he told us was all our paperworks were stolen in his backpack, it's hard to believe that our laywer keep all his paperworks in his backpack. my question is do i have a case if i take this laywer to court for false information and not taking care of my case? im from california
    thank you

Default Re: Lawyer Didn't File Case, Claiming File Was Stolen

If it's been almost three years, you're probably about to have your cause of action expire under California's statute of limitations. Have you consulted any other lawyers about getting your case filed? Time's running out.

we spoke to another laywer and she mention about calling state bar of cal, and yes he never filed our case and i think we past the limitation. but i was wondering do i have a case against this laywer?

If you're past the statute of limitations, talk to a malpractice lawyer about a possible legal malpractice case. You can try filing a complaint with the State Bar, but if you wish to do that I would suggest that in addition to investigating a malpractice claim.

1. Sponsored Links