Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Discrimination Because I Have a Criminal Record

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    There are lots and lots and lots of people who need work, and many of them have degrees, and many of them have no criminal record, and many of them have degrees and no criminal record.

You can't force an employer to hire you. Any more than all those other people can.
    Oh, so youre saying that its ok for an employer to discriminate against you. I see. Well, good luck with that. I hope you never have to make a mistake and end up where I'm at.

Quote Quoting LawResearcherMissy
    View Post
    You keep applying for jobs until you find an employer willing to overlook your record.

There's no legal question here.
    No kidding! Really?? And this is a legal question.. its speaks volumes about job discrimination. If you cant see that then youre definitely blind.

Quote Quoting koolx
    View Post
    Oh, so youre saying that its ok for an employer to discriminate against you. I see. Well, good luck with that. I hope you never have to make a mistake and end up where I'm at. I wouldnt be surprised if youre some racist.

No kidding! Really?? And this is a legal question.. its about job discrimination. If you cant see that then youre definitely blind.

Quote Quoting mutualrespect37
    View Post
    Could you start your own business? Take up volunteer work that shows you have learned from your mistakes? Maybe finance-related jobs hold particularly
    stringent requirements for background checks? Maybe you could branch out a bit? Good luck and hang in there.
    I thought about starting my own biz. But since I cant get a job becuz of my record, I dont have the money necessary to start one in the first place.

And what would volunteer work do? I have learned from my mistakes by going to school and graduating with honors.

And, yes, finance-related jobs hold strict requirements for background checks. Becuz US companies are too coward and discrimnatory to hire someone that "might" be problematic and can lead them to getting sued. They dont believe in giving people a chance, especially those that wont repeat the same mistake again giving that chance. Why would I ruin a good job opportunity at a finance company by acting stupid and making the same mistake and throwing my career away, even when I graduated with honors from college? That doesnt make any sense.

Now I know why al queda hates america. This and other kinds of racism and discrimination led to 9-11, no doubt. Well, what comes around goes around.

View Post
    Could you start your own business? Take up volunteer work that shows you have learned from your mistakes? Maybe finance-related jobs hold particularly
    stringent requirements for background checks? Maybe you could branch out a bit? Good luck and hang in there.
    I thought about starting my own biz. But since I cant get a job becuz of my record, I dont have the money necessary to start one in the first place.

And what would volunteer work do? I have learned from my mistakes by going to school and graduating with honors.

And, yes, finance-related jobs hold strict discriminatory requirements for background checks. US companies are too coward and discrimnatory to hire someone that made a mistake. They dont believe in giving people a chance, especially those that wont repeat the same mistake again giving that chance. Why would I ruin a good job opportunity at a finance company by acting stupid and making the same mistake and throwing my career away, even when I graduated with honors from college? That doesnt make any sense.

I guess america will never learn to stop being racist and disriminatory.

Default Re: I Cant Get a Job Because of a Record - What Do I Do

Oh, cry some more, why don't you?

It isn't our fault you committed a crime, got caught, and now have to suffer the consequences. If you don't want to pay the fiddler, you ought not get up and dance.

No, you DON'T have a legal question, you're just whining that you don't have a job. You and millions of other people who DON'T have criminal records.

It's not "racist" to not hire you. Is it discriminatory to decide that your record makes you a risk they'd rather not take? Yes, it is. And it's perfectly legal.

View Post

And, yes, finance-related jobs hold strict discriminatory requirements for background checks. US companies are too coward and discrimnatory to hire someone that made a mistake. They dont believe in giving people a chance, especially those that wont repeat the same mistake again giving that chance. Why would I ruin a good job opportunity at a finance company by acting stupid and making the same mistake and throwing my career away, even when I graduated with honors from college? That doesnt make any sense.

I guess america will never learn to stop being racist and disriminatory.

View Post
    Oh, cry some more, why don't you?

It isn't our fault you committed a crime, got caught, and now have to suffer the consequences. If you don't want to pay the fiddler, you ought not get up and dance.

No, you DON'T have a legal question, you're just whining that you don't have a job. You and millions of other people who DON'T have criminal records.

It's not "racist" to not hire you. Is it discriminatory to decide that your record makes you a risk they'd rather not take? Yes, it is. And it's perfectly legal.
    No one is saying its anyone's fault that I committed a mistake.. BUT it IS YOUR fault for not giving people a second chance to live. That racism and discriminaion is on you and ONLY on you. I didnt know you lived in a perfect world where no one makes mistakes. You must be god. I didnt know I was talking to a perfect being that makes no mistakes.

And yes, I DO have a legal question. Job discrimination based on prior convictions in NY state IS ILLEGAL. You should know this, since youre god. Youre just a racist who doesnt want to give people a chance, thats all. You and millions of racist in-the-closet neo-nazi americans.

Its discrimination to not hire someone based on prior convictions. Why dont you be a real man about this by committing a crime, then come back later and tell me if you dont feel discriminated against when you apply for jobs.

And just remember... america got hit on 9-11 becuz of its racism and discrimination. Did you forget that, god?

Depends on the type of job.
    http://www.uslaw.com/library/Labor_&...hp?item=158363 (as just one example)
    http://libn.com/blog/2009/01/27/with...licate-hiring/

Contact your unemployment office career center for assistance.
    http://www.labor.ny.gov/careerservic...ajobindex.shtm
    or read this:
    http://www.ppv.org/ppv/publications/...ublication.pdf

In other words, quit whining and try to help yourself.

If I were hiring someone in finance, especially if they had to talk to customers, I sure would be within my legal rights to refuse to hire someone who had been convicted of harrassment over the phone.

What do you do? You look for other types of work. Just like everybody else who is unemployed/underemployed in this economy.

Exclamation Re: I Cant Get a Job Because of a Record - What Do I Do

Why the heck did the racism accusations come in to play???
    How is 9/11 at all related to you having trouble finding work???
    Your posts are at the best odd, and at the worst the product of a very troubled mind.

As to your complaints of discrimination... It is the goal of the person in charge of hiring to find the best candidate for the job. This means being able to discriminate the differences between the applicants. For each job out there, there can be dozens, if not thousands of applicants.

What sets YOU apart from them? Do you have a better education, better references, better experience? Once you rise to the TOP of that pile, THEN they look at your personality. I can not tell from your posts if you have the required skills for the jobs you are looking for. But based on your frustrations from being unemployed it sounds like you have zero experience. Pair that with your obvious instability and it is not surprising that your job search is taking longer than you expect.

I'm sorry that these are not the answers that you want to hear. I am honestly only telling you these things because sometimes it is hard to see what is in the mirror. Go back to your school. Ask them to help you with job placments, internships, externships, working on projects for faculty... anything that will get you heading in the right direction. Look for programs in your area that help individuals with convictions find work. Network. Do what you can - but keep the chip off your shoulder - or at least less obvious.

Quote Quoting koolx
    View Post
    BUT it IS YOUR fault for not giving people a second chance to live.
    I'm not the one denying you employment, Criminal Boy. It's not my fault, it's 100% YOURS. You danced, you get to pay the fiddler. It sucks for you, and that's life.

Knock off the "racism" crap. "Convicted criminal" is not a race, Al Qaeda is irrelevant, and you're an entitlement minded crybaby. Your "second chance" does not trump all the people who haven't even had a FIRST chance.

With all of your carrying on, it's more likely that you're not being hired because you're behaving like a loose cannon. If the attitude you're displaying here is anything like what you're displaying to employers, I wouldn't hire you, either.

View Post
    I'm not the one denying you employment, Criminal Boy. It's not my fault, it's 100% YOURS. You danced, you get to pay the fiddler. It sucks for you, and that's life.

Knock off the "racism" crap. "Convicted criminal" is not a race, Al Qaeda is irrelevant, and you're an entitlement minded crybaby. Your "second chance" does not trump all the people who haven't even had a FIRST chance.

With all of your carrying on, it's more likely that you're not being hired because you're behaving like a loose cannon. If the attitude you're displaying here is anything like what you're displaying to employers, I wouldn't hire you, either.
    you may not be the one denying me emlpoyment but you definitely support discriminatory practices of not giving people a second chance. thats racist and discriminatory, mr. nazi. and its not my fault that you got bumped on 9-11 through your racism and discrimination. like you said, "You danced, you get to pay the fiddler. It sucks for you, and that's life."

stop hating people just because they made a mistake in life and want to rebuild their lives again. convicted criminal is a class of people like a minority. and you racists view people like that as a race, especially by the tone youre setting. al queda is revelant cuz it was your same racism and discrimination thats barring people from getting a 2nd chance that 9-11 occured. youre just a coward white racist with a small white penis.

with the way youre racist, youre likely to avoid any but whites to get hired. you sound like no one wants to be your friend, like youre a lonely man with no sex life.

Quote Quoting koolx
    View Post
    you may not be the one denying me emlpoyment but you definitely support discriminatory practices of not giving people a second chance.
    You are not listening.

Why should I go with you when I have 100 people in the line that do NOT have a criminal record?

There is thought - with significant statistics as back up - that says a person that has once committed a criminal act is much more likely to commit a second than a person who has never committed a criminal act to commit a first.

I understand you don't like it. Your feelings do not change the way it is.

thats racist and discriminatory, mr. nazi. and its not my fault that you got bumped on 9-11 through your racism and discrimination. like you said, "You danced, you get to pay the fiddler. It sucks for you, and that's life."
    First, you don't know our races. Uh oh. Who is being racist now?

Second, it is not racist in the slightest. No one but yourself brought up race.

Third, the first time you started talking about how it was America's fault that we got attacked I would politely ask you to leave my office. If you didn't, I would have you removed.

stop hating people just because they made a mistake in life and want to rebuild their lives again. convicted criminal is a class of people like a minority.
    Nope... not like a legally recognized minority. You see, the law draws a clear distinction between being discriminated against for states of being inside and outside your control.

You CHOSE to be a criminal. This is a minority you CHOSE to be in. This particular minority is always going to be discriminated against.

You see, employers think that if you didn't think twice before breaking the law that maybe it isn't a good idea to trust you with their or their client's money.

Strange, I know.

and you racists view people like that as a race, especially by the tone youre setting. al queda is revelant cuz it was your same racism and discrimination thats barring people from getting a 2nd chance that 9-11 occured. youre just a coward white racist with a small white penis.
    Somebody is racist here.

It isn't us.

with the way youre racist, youre likely to avoid any but whites to get hired. you sound like no one wants to be your friend, like youre a lonely man with no sex life.
    And you sound like a bitter ex con that wants to blame everyone but himself for the situation he is in.

By the way, you still don't know our races... it was just easier to assume that everyone that didn't agree with you not only KNEW what race you were but was another race.

Do you see how hypocritical it is to accuse people on an anonymous board of racism is?

Probably not.

you seem to automatically look to blame someone else for your mistakes. People on my team need to step up to the plate and be grown ups.

You won't do that here... and I don't see you doing it on the job. I don't need people that offer excuses... just solutions.

What you looked like and what crime you committed has far less to do with why I wouldn't ever hire you than your inability to take responsibility for your own actions.

Not just saying, "I am sorry" but realizing that you are tainted... and must be willing to make less, work harder and prove yourself.

Arrow Re: I Cant Get a Job Because of a Record - What Do I Do

Law Researcher MISSY has a SMALL PENIS!?!?!?!?!

Thanks for the laugh!!!!!

Well, the legal system is pretty corrupt in itself. The line between cop and criminal or DA and defendent is often slim to nonexistent. I think some people weighing in on this board could show more compassion and respect. But for the grace of God.... Let he who has not sinned throw the first stone.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast