Default Parole Board hearing

My boyfriend got sent to CRP for a parole violation and is now waiting to go in front of the Parole Board. I talked to information at the location where he is at and they told me that the board will determine if he will have his parole reinstated or if they will send him on to prison. Since he has been on parole he has walked the straight line. He didn't even get a traffic ticket since he has been out (4 years). He did go to a bar and did get into a fight, that is what he violated for. Does anyone know if they will actually send him back? How do they determine this outcome? He also did do his community service and please forgive me but I can't remember the name of the classes he had to take but he finished those also. The guards at the jail also when filling out his forms said that he they had no problems with him while he was there. ( his sister has a friend there who is a guard and he told her that) Will the board take this into account? Oh and we are in Michigan. Thank you for your time and help.

Default Re: Parole Board hearing

The parole board takes the circumstances into account when deciding what to do with a violator. The fact that he's in a community program itself suggests that they know he's not a high risk to the community. The Michigan Department of Corrections operates Technical Rule Violation (TRV) facilities, and perhaps he can be sentenced to one of those facilities. Has he discussed any of this with his parole officer?

Default Re: Parole Board hearing

Thank you for your response. He had told me about TRV, but I do not know if he has spoken to his parole officer about that. The last time he spoke with his parole officer was before he got sent to where he is at. At that time his parole officer had said something about teether, but he did not go with that I guess. Once again thank you for your response.

1. Sponsored Links