Default Altered Police Reports

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Oklahoma

Default Re: Altered Reports

Quote Quoting Kimmie Boydstun
    View Post
    My question involves police conduct in the State of: Oklahoma
    You'll have to add some additional details. And when you say it was an "altered report" what do you mean? Keep in mind that reports can be appended, but it is rare that a report is actually amended (i.e. edited) after it has been submitted and approved. Arguably, that would not be lawful. But, details matter.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: Altered Police Reports

The report given is not what was told to the officer by myself. The name on the report is not mine, but if they pull up report on there system none of the information is correct. I was led to believe by a different officer that responded to a second call I made to arrest the person that assaulted me that it was done because of my medical condition. I don't know what I'm am supposed to do & feel that it was done due to Discrimination.

When you say the report given is not what you told the officer and the name on the report is not yours, are you trying to say that your statement was not recorded on the report and instead, someone else's statement as to what happened was listed and attributed to them?

It sounds as if you were provided or referred to the wrong report number.

Also, all because you want someone arrested does not mean they will be.

What state is this? What was the nature of the attack? Was the suspect on scene when the police arrived? Did he or she provide a statement? Did you request they be arrested when the police first arrived?

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

No I had the report # that the officer gave me and I have his commission #, location & time/date of attack. They pulled up report but all the info was incorrect. The officer that responded to second call became agressive over me disputing the narrative of report.

I'm in Oklahoma. It was assault and battery & in some states would have intent added. Suspect had left scene and the officers took a DNA sample of suspect that was left on me "blood". I had to call them back on a later date when I came across him and had security detain him till police arrived.

They took DNA on what was likely a misdemeanor battery case!? I am impressed ... and somewhat perplexed as the expense of that process would be great for a misdemeanor. Unless you were hospitalized as a result of the battery. Though, it may be that they took the blood but never had it run for DNA.

If ALL the info in the report was incorrect, I suspect a clerical error. You can bring the error up to someone in the police department. Ultimately, if you want to control any legal process, you will have to sue the suspect in civil court for any damages you incurred. You have no real say in a criminal prosecution.

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,

1. Sponsored Links