Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What Happens if You Get a Car Loan but Use the Money for Something Else

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia

What happens if you receive a car loan but do not use the money to buy a car?

Default Re: What Happens if You Receive a Car Loan but Not Use the Money to Buy a Car

Depending on the contract it could be fraud or conversion. Fraud and conversion come in both civil and criminal flavors. No idea what is applicable given the lack of information.

Default Re: What Happens if You Get a Car Loan but Use the Money for Something Else

Quote Quoting bgoldinc
    View Post
    My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Georgia

What happens if you receive a car loan but do not use the money to buy a car?
    It should actually be impossible to do. The lender is either going to pay the car seller/dealer directly or will give you a check made out to the car seller/dealer. The bank isn't going to give the money to you so that you have the opportunity to spend it on something else.

Default Re: What Happens if You Get a Car Loan but Use the Money for Something Else

Specifically, they aren't going to fork over the money unless they get recorded as the lienholder on the title at the same time (and they verify they are in first position).

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    It should actually be impossible to do. The lender is either going to pay the car seller/dealer directly or will give you a check made out to the car seller/dealer. The bank isn't going to give the money to you so that you have the opportunity to spend it on something else.
    I have had two blank checks from the bank for issing to any dealer that I would like. So you can get the money issued to you.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

Quote Quoting Who'sThatGuy
    View Post
    I have had two blank checks from the bank for issing to any dealer that I would like. So you can get the money issued to you.
    You must have a special relationship with your bank, because I have never seen a bank do that, ever.

View Post
    I suspect what you have there is a personal loan that is convertable to a car loan upon recording of the security. Read your agreement with the bank. I suspect that if you cash the check and do not present them a title, it gets to be a very high interest rate personal loan.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    You must have a special relationship with your bank, because I have never seen a bank do that, ever.
    I bought my last 2 cars with blank checks that I had to write out.
    If you wanted babies all to yourself, you should have created them by yourself. Until you do that, children have the right to BOTH parents, especially since you found them suitable to procreate with.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    I suspect what you have there is a personal loan that is convertable to a car loan upon recording of the security. Read your agreement with the bank. I suspect that if you cash the check and do not present them a title, it gets to be a very high interest rate personal loan.
    I'm not sure. I told them I wanted to buy a car, they asked me how much I needed and they gave me the check.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

View Post
    I'm not sure. I told them I wanted to buy a car, they asked me how much I needed and they gave me the check.
    Did they writen the loan as a car loan and require a lien on the title or was it simply a personal loan?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast